British Speedway Forum
PowerfulPierre

Leicester vs Plymouth 28 August 2021

6 hours ago, iainb said:

Yes, you're right it was obviously Jason  Edwards that they were paying too much that's why he had to go, but it was too late Eastbourne could never recover from his wage demands... mean while Lawson was sat in the pits refusing to take his rides because he couldn't afford to take to the track

I take it you would agree to work overtime for your boss even though they hadn't paid you your weekly wages for a few weeks despite promises? 

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It's up to clubs to pay riders what the clubs can afford, not what the riders are asking for!

Totally agree... not so straight forward when there is a shortage of riders though, nobody comes out of this mess too well

7 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

I take it you would agree to work overtime for your boss even though they hadn't paid you your weekly wages for a few weeks despite promises? 

Dunno... I'm just the guy (mug) that pays £17 to watch 4 riders in a race every week

Edited by iainb

I reckon the old Leicester fans are getting a bit twitchy about tonight now little old Plymouth have strengthened up be fair guys we have been riding with only 2 heat leaders all season now us Plymouth fans after we have put Leicester to the sword tonight will no how you all feel when you have had 3 all season.I hope we don’t end your playoff hopes by winning tonight because. Actually I didn’t mind Leicester as a club seem nice enough fans when they were down our place, right I’m about to put my tin helmet on now and wait the abuse to come my way lol.GLADIATORS ready! As they used to say on the show  you bet we are…..

Leicester should still win today, even though Plymouth now have 3 heat leaders for the first time this season, Leicester have 4!

16 hours ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

Talking to a Kent Royals rider on Tuesday and he was looking forward to their next meeting away at Berwick on Saturday 4th september so the answer to question 2 is yes as is the answer to question 1 according to the Mildenhall website - Kent’s last 5 home matches are in the National League starting on 21 september and going through October - Must say I am looking forward to those meetings with the youngsters gaining much needed track time - Hope the weather holds up :)

And the curfew!

There’s the first three biting imagine if we win and you have already lost 7 points because of the Eastbourne situation it could be nervous times down at Beaumont road….. no seriously guys I’m only messing in my last 2 messages may the best team win on the night.

Looking at the table if Plymouth are going to make the playoffs they really have to win this one and not only just win it they need 4 league points. They have to take as many as they can off Leicester. I know Plymouth are only 3 points behind 6th place but Leicester have played 4 less than them.

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Looking at the table if Plymouth are going to make the playoffs they really have to win this one and not only just win it they need 4 league points. They have to take as many as they can off Leicester. I know Plymouth are only 3 points behind 6th place but Leicester have played 4 less than them.

I think most people could work this out for themselves but thanks anyway. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lewy said:

I think most people could work this out for themselves but thanks anyway. :rolleyes:

You're most welcome. I will carry giving my thoughts on Plymouth's chances in regards to the playoffs seeing as you appreciate it so much.:DB):t:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

I reckon the old Leicester fans are getting a bit twitchy about tonight now little old Plymouth have strengthened up be fair guys we have been riding with only 2 heat leaders all season now us Plymouth fans after we have put Leicester to the sword tonight will no how you all feel when you have had 3 all season.I hope we don’t end your playoff hopes by winning tonight because. Actually I didn’t mind Leicester as a club seem nice enough fans when they were down our place, right I’m about to put my tin helmet on now and wait the abuse to come my way lol.GLADIATORS ready! As they used to say on the show  you bet we are…..

We'll just wait for you to go bust trying to pay Lawson his wages and have the points back :lol:

Personally I think it is more of a move to-get Lawson on board for next season than making the play-offs.Remember Pedersen has also said this his last season.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 3

This is going to be a difficult meeting for the Lions with Plymouth top 3 I would have been more confident if we would have had Nick Morris as he has been very impressive this season.

The crucial thing will be how Ruml and Cook take to the Leicester track, If Dan Thompson and Zane Kennedy beat them that should be enough for Leicester