British Speedway Forum
PowerfulPierre

Leicester vs Plymouth 28 August 2021

18 hours ago, LionsFan said:

Lawson to Leicester in place of Andersen? A bit harsh perhaps but I imagine he would be cheaper and I don't think we would lose much scoring power.

Lawson may well be at lEICESTER BUT...

• Like 1

Richard Lawson will be making his debut for Plymouth at Leicester as he has signed for the remainder of the seasonĀ 

"Rising Star" Jason Edwards gets binned off again! For somebody that already has a job at Kings Lynn

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

"Rising Star" Jason Edwards gets binned off again! For somebody that already has a job at Kings Lynn

He is not Plymouths rising star,maybe Leicester could give him a team place if you feel so strongly about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lewy said:

He is not Plymouths rising star,maybe Leicester could give him a team place if you feel so strongly about it.

One of the most entertaining riders I've seen at BP this year

3 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Sorry no, Lawson will be a shock signing for --------------? so then free to take guest bookings for Glasgow!

If Plymouth beat Leicester and Poole beat Edinburgh, Mr Lawson might not be able to guest for GlasgowĀ 

2 hours ago, iainb said:

One of the most entertaining riders I've seen at BP this year

Jasonā€™s National League club, Mildenhall,Ā Ā similar to Beaumont Park IMO - maybe heā€™s Ā used to the shape and banking and feels more confidentĀ 

Story so far:

Jason Edwards, rising star for Eastbourne is replaced by Nathan Ablitt and signs for Plymouth where he is not a rising star. Alfie Bowtell occupies that position. Jason Crump acquires a new average of 6.98 enabling the signing of Richard Lawson who rides his first meeting for Plymouth at Leicester tomorrow. In the meantime, he rides as a guest for Glasgow this evening.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

Jasonā€™s National League club, Mildenhall,Ā Ā similar to Beaumont Park IMO - maybe heā€™s Ā used to the shape and banking and feels more confidentĀ 

Are Mildenhall still riding... is there even still an NDL?

3 hours ago, iainb said:

If your argument against the change is that Lawson "already has a job at King's Lynn, I'd reply that Edwards "already has a job" at Mildenhall!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

Are Mildenhall still riding... is there even still an NDL?

Talking to a Kent Royals rider on Tuesday and he was looking forward to their next meeting away at Berwick on Saturday 4th september so the answer to question 2 is yes as is the answer to question 1 according to the Mildenhall website - Kentā€™s last 5 home matches are in the National League starting on 21 september and going through October - Must say I am looking forward to those meetings with the youngsters gaining much needed track time - Hope the weather holds upĀ :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If your argument against the change is that Lawson "already has a job at King's Lynn, I'd reply that Edwards "already has a job" at Mildenhall!

There are many arguments... that is just one of them.

Lawson has already closed 1 club down this season with his wage demands, now he's gone to a club that already have Crump and Pedersen on their payroll and are unlikely to make the pay-offs (play-offs)

12 minutes ago, iainb said:

Lawson has already closed 1 club down this season with his wage demands, now he's gone to a club that already have Crump and Pedersen on their payroll and are unlikely to make the pay-offs (play-offs)

What an absolutely ridiculous comment "Lawson has already closed 1 club down with his wage demands " do you have knowledge of what his wage demands are? No you don't so why are acting as though you do? I will be at Leicester tomorrow and I hope Plymouth and particularly Lawson smash Leicester and you miss out on the playoffs as a result .:mad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, lewy said:

What an absolutely ridiculous comment "Lawson has already closed 1 club down with his wage demands " do you have knowledge of what his wage demands are? No you don't so why are acting as though you do? I will be at Leicester tomorrow and I hope Plymouth and particularly Lawson smash Leicester and you miss out on the playoffs as a result .:mad:

Yes, you're right it was obviously JasonĀ  Edwards that they were paying too much that's why he had to go, but it was too late Eastbourne could never recover from his wage demands... mean while Lawson was sat in the pits refusing to take his rides because he couldn't afford to take to the track

7 hours ago, iainb said:

It's up to clubs to pay riders what the clubs can afford, not what the riders are asking for!

• Like 4