British Speedway Forum
PowerfulPierre

Leicester vs Plymouth 28 August 2021

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Personally I think it is more of a move to-get Lawson on board for next season than making the play-offs.Remember Pedersen has also said this his last season.

Have they bought him outright then? I think Glasgow have Brennan 

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Have they bought him outright then? I think Glasgow have Brennan 

Don’t know,think Lawson owns his own contract,seem to remember something about that issue.

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t know,think Lawson owns his own contract,seem to remember something about that issue.

I think Richard is a Glasgow asset from when he was bought from Redcar along with Aaron Summers

6 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

I think Richard is a Glasgow asset from when he was bought from Redcar along with Aaron Summers

I wonder if Glasgow do own Lawson's contract whether they get loan fees from King's Lynn & Plymouth, if so it perhaps explains why doubling up/down has become so prolific 

Edited by iainb

4 hours ago, iainb said:

Dunno... I'm just the guy (mug) that pays £17 to watch 4 riders in a race every week

So only one Eastbourne rider was willing to take a non programmed ride (heat 15) yet Lawson gets the stick. Your money pays Leicester riders not Eastbourne riders and they weren't willing to take the risk of getting injured for no pay. Ironically they should have taken the ride and pulled up with an engine failure. In that scenario they wouldn't have got any stick and they would have reduced their average albeit just slightly. Clearly they wanted to make a statement and this worked albeit sadly resulting in the the demise of the Eagles - not the fault of the riders but the owners. 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Gladiators have Josh Pickering in for bjarne who is ill in Denmark

You could have left the announcement until 18:55 :lol:

17 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

So only one Eastbourne rider was willing to take a non programmed ride (heat 15) yet Lawson gets the stick. Your money pays Leicester riders not Eastbourne riders and they weren't willing to take the risk of getting injured for no pay. Ironically they should have taken the ride and pulled up with an engine failure. In that scenario they wouldn't have got any stick and they would have reduced their average albeit just slightly. Clearly they wanted to make a statement and this worked albeit sadly resulting in the the demise of the Eagles - not the fault of the riders but the owners. 

Whoever it was that refused to come out for the nominated ride should have received a 1 match ban, all of them if needs be. The paying punter should not be the victim of riders disputes with their management! Tom Brennan managed to find his way onto the track, fair play to him.

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

You could have left the announcement until 18:55 :lol:

Why? its on the Gladiators facebook page for all to see

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

Whoever it was that refused to come out for the nominated ride should have received a 1 match ban, all of them if needs be. The paying punter should not be the victim of riders disputes with their management! Tom Brennan managed to find his way onto the track, fair play to him.

Tom is related to the Dugard family so it is quite possible he was being looked after whilst other riders were owed money. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Devil said:

Why? its on the Gladiators facebook page for all to see

Better than when Eastbourne and Leicester conspired to keep the absence of Ed Kennett a secret until 5 minutes before the parade the other week. Well done to the Plymouth promotion for being up front with their fans. According to the Leicester website and twitter feed Bjarne is still riding!

14 minutes ago, tocha said:

Tom is related to the Dugard family so it is quite possible he was being looked after whilst other riders were owed money. 

Fair point.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Haven't Eastbourne issued on their news/report feed that they were down to 5 riders, Kerr didn't think his engine would last another race at short notice & Lawson was already packing his gear away after (his view) being unfairly disqualified in heat 13

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Better than when Eastbourne and Leicester conspired to keep the absence of Ed Kennett a secret until 5 minutes before the parade the other week. Well done to the Plymouth promotion for being up front with their fans. According to the Leicester website and twitter feed Bjarne is still riding!

To be fair to Leicester it was announced that Eastbourne were missing Kennett due to illness when i arrived at 6pm & again around 6:30pm . 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

To be fair to Leicester it was announced that Eastbourne were missing Kennett due to illness when i arrived at 6pm & again around 6:30pm . 

Blimey that's a bit early to be getting there! What you doing? Getting into your lion suit? 

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1