British Speedway Forum
PowerfulPierre

Leicester vs Plymouth 28 August 2021

14 hours ago, iainb said:

Dunno... I'm just the guy (mug) that pays £17 to watch 4 riders in a race every week

Nobody forces you too.

1 minute ago, Honey Monster said:

Nobody forces you too.

Your point? Also it's not too, it's to.

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t know,think Lawson owns his own contract,seem to remember something about that issue.

Glasgow bought Lawson after his proposed full transfer to Lakeside went pear shaped.

Just got back (after a quick pint on the way home in a pub with two fat men dancing!). A cracking meeting. Good hard riding from both sides. Best match I've seen at Leicester though I've missed a few this season. Howarth and Andserson top riders fro the home side. Good to see Jason Crump get a few wins - brought back memories of his imperious rides at Brandon. Good guest in Pickering.  Even the lesser riders had a good go at it.

I still think league speedway can provide the best spectacle for the sport. I do hope it continues.

• Like 4

I thought tonight was a brilliant meeting with some good hard , firm riding but no riders throwing their toys out the pram.

Douglas looked shaky but by his own admission struggled for speed which i am sure he can cure. 

I feared for us when Morris was injured but we got through it . Hopefully we get 7 riders come to the party next week vs Glasgow

Glasgow is a big fixture. I hope I can make it. An early turn up will be advised I expect.

Just to add - thought it was good that Crump did an interview on the centre green. He's been a good servant for British speedway. Felt the Leicester fans appreciated his opening win. We saw a glimpse of that old class,

Good meeting that, Leicester's becoming quite the race track these days, several meetings where I've seen some good passing there now. Ruml's going to make a name for himself as an entertainer I think, both tonight and at Perry Barr on Wednesday he's been giving it a great go out in the dirt on the outside line.

What a moment for Dan Thompson passing the still classy Crump, I just missed the full celebration that was going on but I think it was his dad in the pits who looked absolutely made up at that one! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lewy said:

I think most people could work this out for themselves but thanks anyway. :rolleyes:

It's a discussion forum and she was discussing the meeting, don't be an arse :t:

• Like 2

I’m glad you guys got to see the legend that is crumpy, and I’m glad our guys didn’t just roll over and you got to see a competitive meeting,good luck for the rest of the season.

A decent match, close throughout until Plymouth ran out of steam, 3 riders scoring just 1 point between them was going to catch up with them... and some good racing too.

Ruml looks like a good prospect, but why you'd keep Cook and/or Keleher over Jason Edwards is beyond me unless it's down to numbers. Also Keleher was massively unlucky to be discluded for "unfair riding" in heat 1 it was clearly an all 4 back.

Was good to see Dan swoop by Crump, who, let's be honest is loooong past his use by date, but a good "name" scalp nonetheless. It's a shame Crumpy didn't come round to wave at the crowd after his race victories as I'm sure a lot of the crowd would have wanted to have shown their appreciation.

And to put the cherry on the icing on top of the cake Richard Lawson even graced us with his presence in heat 15... although there were reports of a large lorry load of cash seen backing up to his van in the pits. :P

• Haha 1

Does "all four back" officially exist as an option for refs? It's just something they seem to do when a rider comes off on the first bend.

Enjoyable meeting, some very good racing. Pickering & Lawson were impressive, Crumpy ran out of steam, but Plymouth were really a four man team. 

Impressed with Kennedy, he seems to be improving week by week.

4 minutes ago, LionsFan said:

Does "all four back" officially exist as an option for refs?

Well, it's worded differently in the rule book no doubt, unsatisfactory start or first bend bunching, the ref has the facility to put "all four back"... it definitely was not unfair riding.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

It's a discussion forum and she was discussing the meeting, don't be an arse :t:

Tbh i'm prob 'blacklisted' if that's the right term because I was complaining about Zane and they are a little sensitive ;)

21 hours ago, iainb said:

Better than when Eastbourne and Leicester conspired to keep the absence of Ed Kennett a secret until 5 minutes before the parade the other week. Well done to the Plymouth promotion for being up front with their fans. According to the Leicester website and twitter feed Bjarne is still riding!

Is that a fact or are you guessing!

13 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Is that a fact or are you guessing!

I'm guessing... perhaps it was just a coincidence that nobody mentioned it, in the 24 hour age of information, until it was too late.