British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Bear

Redcar v Scunthorpe

2 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I’m surprised now of them have been announced elsewhere yet to be honest some cracking riders available  

Lawson to Plymouth.

15 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Max Clegg in for Theo and R/R for Tero.  Interestingly says Tero is “unavailable” is this the end for Tero in scorpions colours ? 

If I was traveling to Redcar I think I would want a better explanation for Tero's absence.

11 minutes ago, RS50 said:

If I was traveling to Redcar I think I would want a better explanation for Tero's absence.

Redcar website.

Aarnio misses out through illness.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

I’m surprised now of them have been announced elsewhere yet to be honest some cracking riders available  

It was on the forum a few days ago that Lawson & Kennett had already left the club(probably due to unpaid wages) hence Lawson now announced this morning at Plymouth & it was also said that the other riders could find clubs after the official announcement, which was only yesterday so I expect any other moves to be made public Sunday or later.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gringo said:

Redcar website.

Aarnio misses out through illness.

Although I notice he's supposed to be riding in France tomorrow (against Adam Ellis!)

18 hours ago, arnieg said:

Although I notice he's supposed to be riding in France tomorrow (against Adam Ellis!)

Godfrey abusing his position by giving himself the R/R facility for a rider who was absent , not ill , not even in the country , and it won’t be the last time by the sounds of it.

Palin would have sealed the win for theScorpions had he not been injured.

McDonald was the surprise package , unlucky to be excluded ( could have gone the other way ) and the clash with Wright removing his chain.

7 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Godfrey abusing his position by giving himself the R/R facility for a rider who was absent , not ill , not even in the country , and it won’t be the last time by the sounds of it.

Palin would have sealed the win for theScorpions had he not been injured.

McDonald was the surprise package , unlucky to be excluded ( could have gone the other way ) and the clash with Wright removing his chain.

Aarnio had a sick note

3 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Aarnio had a sick note

An experienced promoter always has one handy, usually a foreign one , badly photocopied . When was the last time you were able to get a sick note at 24 hours notice?, it simply doesn’t happen in the UK as you self certificate ( in other words don’t get a sick note ) for 7 days. The rule was (is it still ?) a rider who went ‘sick’ , non speedway related, was then barred for 9 days so that they couldn’t pick and chose which match to miss, just another speedway anomaly.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight

3 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Aarnio had a sick note

Not a fit note..

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

An experienced promoter always has one handy, usually a foreign one , badly photocopied . When was the last time you were able to get a sick note at 24 hours notice?, it simply doesn’t happen in the UK as you self certificate ( in other words don’t get a sick note ) for 7 days. The rule was (is it still ?) a rider who went ‘sick’ , non speedway related, was then barred for 9 days so that they couldn’t pick and chose which match to miss, just another speedway anomaly.

You'll find he won't be riding for at least 9 days

29 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Yes ,…..we both know that and why he’s ‘ missing ‘. 

I don't, can you tell me why?