British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Birmingham Brummies 29th August 5pm

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Incidentally is James Shanes riding as he was given time off due to the imminent birth of his child?

Baby Grace arrived around 6pm on Wednesday :)

11 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

Baby Grace arrived around 6pm on Wednesday :)

:t:

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I was sat near the first bend and after the break it did look a lot better (not sure if it could have got worse, but blade improved it to an extent). However bends 3 and 4 caught Basso and Hume out later in the meeting.

We sit that end did not look good coming of bend 4 everybody sees it different i suppose 

• Like 1

Due to working night shifts for the last 16 years and thus only able to do weekend fixtures, this will be my first visit to Wimborne road since the demise of the Buccaneers so advice would be appreciated.

I'm obviously a bit out of touch on how things work these days. Can you buy e tickets online and do they take card payments on the gate? I don't do cash!

Also with the stadium operation problems, have the catering issues been resolved for food & drinks and is there a bar?  How early should I arrive before tapes up to get a decent seat in the stand. I'm assuming it's first come first served rather than allocated seats? TIA

Pay with card in the glass grandstand. Seats are first come first served. Not sure if you can get a beer. Tea and coffee/burgers etc available.

• Like 1

Can get beer in the bar in the glass stand.

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

Let's hope that the track as been sorted but I don't think it will. It seems only Steve thinks there is nothing wrong with it.  But even Danny Ford says it's not good enough and they will try to sort it, let's hope so cause when the tracks good you get good racing and happy fan's. 

47 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Let's hope that the track as been sorted but I don't think it will. It seems only Steve thinks there is nothing wrong with it.  But even Danny Ford says it's not good enough and they will try to sort it, let's hope so cause when the tracks good you get good racing and happy fan's. 

Where on earth did I say there was nothing wrong with it?  In every match post I have said the track is poor with dust. Think you need to go back and look. I await your apology.

I quote myself from meeting report. “We could see the track had been well watered before the meeting and there was a lot of track work going in up to 15 minutes before tapes up. But in the first heat we could see issues as it looked deep and grippy and riders were struggling. A track grade and watering after heat 2 didn’t make much difference and an early interval at heat 8 saw the blade come out, which certainly made the track better but unlike last week they didn’t water anymore, meaning the rest of the meeting was played out in dusty conditions. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

42 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

The track is the most important part of a promoters business, few see it that way.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Where on earth did I say there was nothing wrong with it?  In every match post I have said the track is poor with dust. Think you need to go back and look. I await your apology.

I quote myself from meeting report. “We could see the track had been well watered before the meeting and there was a lot of track work going in up to 15 minutes before tapes up. But in the first heat we could see issues as it looked deep and grippy and riders were struggling. A track grade and watering after heat 2 didn’t make much difference and an early interval at heat 8 saw the blade come out, which certainly made the track better but unlike last week they didn’t water anymore, meaning the rest of the meeting was played out in dusty conditions. 

Steve you have said its smooth  and its far from it , that's what you're own riders say Its rough why not just get a good track man sort it out and everyone reaps the benefits most importantly the fans, club rider's 

I said it was smoother after it was bladed. I didn’t say it was smooth. 

Why don’t you offer your services to Danny Ford? Then we can judge your skills in improving the track?

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I said it was smoother after it was bladed. I didn’t say it was smooth. 

Why don’t you offer your services to Danny Ford? Then we can judge your skills in improving the track?

Steve when the Poole track is prepared good the racing can be excellent,  but if you're honest Steve it's been  rough for a long time. 

Has been very good this year until last week with some great racing. Last two meetings have had issues though.

Ride the Waves of Wimborne if you DARE! :mad:

Good job Worrall isn't Sea Sick Steve! :rofl: