British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Birmingham Brummies 29th August 5pm

On 9/1/2021 at 2:44 AM, Piratepride87 said:

Where were you in the stadium??? 

In the main stand near bend 4

Honestly, the stadium itself and the atmosphere of the crowd were brilliant, but the track looked terrible...

3 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

In the main stand near bend 4

Honestly, the stadium itself and the atmosphere of the crowd were brilliant, but the track looked terrible...

Yes, that is true. Bend 3 and 4 looked a lot better after they sorted the hole the size of a kitchen table out! I was by bend 4 and didn't see anyone's bike lift up after that apart from Shanes. But I think he had gone past the point of where the hole was when he crashed for the second time (when Bomber was seeing if he was alright he was pointing to exiting point of bend 4 on the outside).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, that is true. Bend 3 and 4 looked a lot better after they sorted the hole the size of a kitchen table out! I was by bend 4 and didn't see anyone's bike lift up after that apart from Shanes. But I think he had gone past the point of where the hole was when he crashed for the second time (when Bomber was seeing if he was alright he was pointing to exiting point of bend 4 on the outside).

Yes, it did look a lot better after they took an hour and fixed it, what I'm concerned about is how the hole was allowed for the start of the meeting? It was CLEARLY visible before the meeting and the tractor was working extensively on it before the meeting even began, so there was clearly some concern prior to tapes up... Rider safety is MOST important, so if there's any issues or concerns, they should be sorted before any rider is expected to ride on it... A 'kitchen table sized hole' doesn't just appear after a few laps (and it didn't it was there all along) Obviously I don't know what the track is like normally as it was a one off visit for me. If Poole had a nice track, it would be the best place in the country for speedway by a mile

• Like 1

They were working on a couple of spongy patches on entries to bends.

The hole took everyone by surprise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Yes, it did look a lot better after they took an hour and fixed it, what I'm concerned about is how the hole was allowed for the start of the meeting? It was CLEARLY visible before the meeting and the tractor was working extensively on it before the meeting even began, so there was clearly some concern prior to tapes up... Rider safety is MOST important, so if there's any issues or concerns, they should be sorted before any rider is expected to ride on it... A 'kitchen table sized hole' doesn't just appear after a few laps (and it didn't it was there all along) Obviously I don't know what the track is like normally as it was a one off visit for me. If Poole had a nice track, it would be the best place in the country for speedway by a mile

Surely if the hole was CLEARLY visible before the meeting how come neither team spotted it on their track walk prior the start? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daz9100 said:

Surely if the hole was CLEARLY visible before the meeting how come neither team spotted it on their track walk prior the start? 

Maybe there was a carpet over it?

Edited by ruffdiamond

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe there was a carpet over it?

Table cloth

3 hours ago, daz9100 said:

Probably was spotted, hence why the tractor was extensively working there?