British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Birmingham Brummies 29th August 5pm

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The racing at Poole is usually very good with lots of passing. This year it’s been very good up to the last three meetings where the track has been underwatered and today when this hole appeared.  

Shame as I was really looking forward to my trip down, decided to get this meeting in on the way down to Plymouth to watch the Diamonds on Tuesday, make a weekend of it... I expected a lot more from the supposed biggest club in the country, but I guess every club has their bad days... I've heard a lot about the track at Poole but was astonished about how bad it looked when I first came in... Looks like something desperately needs done... Would have been interesting to hear what Matt Ford was saying about the future of the club but the loud mouthed drunk woman in front of me clearly doesn't like him and shouted over everything he said... Hope the club survives

2 hours ago, BobC said:

Matt Ford is here. Soon disappeared when problems started. 

That's funny,, I'm sure that was him on the centre green doing an interview 

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The racing at Poole is usually very good with lots of passing. This year it’s been very good up to the last three meetings where the track has been underwatered and today when this hole appeared.  

Is that the same hole that opened up in 2019?

Just now, Petecc said:

Is that the same hole that opened up in 2019?

No.

3 minutes ago, Petecc said:

A new hole then.

Yes

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

That's funny,, I'm sure that was him on the centre green doing an interview 

Plus it's down to Dan now to sort it out. 

3 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Where? In the hole on Poole's track glug glug. Keep paying your money stupid :D

5pts clear now, that will do nicely glug glug :party:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

You shouldn’t feed the troll.

37 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Shame as I was really looking forward to my trip down, decided to get this meeting in on the way down to Plymouth to watch the Diamonds on Tuesday, make a weekend of it... I expected a lot more from the supposed biggest club in the country, but I guess every club has their bad days... I've heard a lot about the track at Poole but was astonished about how bad it looked when I first came in... Looks like something desperately needs done... Would have been interesting to hear what Matt Ford was saying about the future of the club but the loud mouthed drunk woman in front of me clearly doesn't like him and shouted over everything he said... Hope the club survives

Are you on twitter? A Poole fan has put on there what Matt said. First talked about the track, then about Dan doing the day to day running of the club and that he is doing really well but Matt still does all the riders contracts. Also about wanting to keep Benjamin Basso for next year and he thinks in 18 months time he will be a 'superstar' but he also predicted Brady would be a GP winner, so we will see! Also said about landlords and something about possible legal action and council on our side(I think, not 100% on that as I missed a bit as I was being asked what the score was at the time) and how he will need everyone's support in next few weeks/months and not to panic. Also thanked the fans for all their support. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 2

Rory's chequered flag waving skills for H15 were very good, maybe he can do that in the Aussie meetings when he retires! :D

56 minutes ago, woofers said:

Seems a bit harsh to exclude Shanes in heat 3 when clearly it was a problem with the track that caused him to fall.

Hmm maybe, depends if what the rule is.

12 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Lower league though, who cares??? glug glug

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Keep paying your money ginge, nothing will get done, closed at end of season.

Hopefully your mouth will be closed to Trackprat 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

Hopefully your mouth will be closed to Trackprat 

In English????