British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham v Poole. 1st September 2021

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Are you talking in both the home and away meetings? ;)

Eh?  As the Wimborne Rd clash has already taken place why would I speculate about the score? :blink:

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Matt did say he wanted Basso for next season, but it seemed more of a 'we'll see..' situation. I guess it depends what his other commitments are.

When did Matt say that?

2 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

When did Matt say that?

He did say if we can hang on to him mate.   Barring  Danish commitments

2 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

When did Matt say that?

Yesterday. He definitely said he wanted to have Basso next season, but sounds like he may be in demand that's the impression I got from the way it was said. Hence why I think it's more of a 'we'll see' situation. 

43 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yesterday. He definitely said he wanted to have Basso next season, but sounds like he may be in demand that's the impression I got from the way it was said. Hence why I think it's more of a 'we'll see' situation. 

Clearly watching him rise a full season in the UK will help him improve massively.

The only parking on site is at the side entrance. This can get very full and you would need to arrive early and not expect to rush straight away. Otherwise free parking is at the one stop shopping centre,.

6 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Clearly watching him rise a full season in the UK will help him improve massively.

Definitely. Darcy Ward said he has been telling the young aussies the same thing, when they ask him whether to come to the UK first or go straight to Poland. 

14 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

The issue as Steve has already mentioned could be Wednesday night fixture clashes, although Poole have managed very well with other Danish riders in the past (Yes I know not always on Wednesdays!)

Incidentally in Brum's meeting preview - such as it is - they still have Ben Basso riding tomorrow?!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

A shame he’s not available tomorrow. Think the track would have suited him. But we can cover. King, Neilsen, Cook and Hume can take his rides.

Forecast looks good so coming up this afternoon. Hopefully there will be a good crowd for this one. If Birmingham fans don’t come out for this there’s no chance for the sport in the city.

Be there or lose it!

• Like 1

BIRMINGHAM: Chris Harris, Valentin Grobauer, James Shanes, Ashley Morris, Erik Riss, Paco Castagna, Jack Thomas.
POOLE: Rory Schlein, Benjamin Basso r/r, Steve Worrall, Stefan Nielsen, Danny King, Ben Cook, Danyon Hume.