British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham v Poole. 1st September 2021

54 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Forecast looks good so coming up this afternoon. Hopefully there will be a good crowd for this one. If Birmingham fans don’t come out for this there’s no chance for the sport in the city.

Be there or lose it!

Someone put on twitter that it is Rory's birthday today, so if get near the pits Steve make sure you sing happy birthday to him :D:t:

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Poole to win by 12 points.

Hmmm, not sure. 7 point win will be fine ;) Tbh I'd prob take a draw! Depends what Stef, Ben and Danyon do. They will be the key as Jack Thomas should at least equal them points wise. 

I think this could be a close affair and they might actually be better off on this occasion having R/R for Basso.Thomas, Cook, Hume, Nielsen are the key riders for me. Thomas has hit a nice vein of form recently but  i recon Poole by four points or more will the heatleaders of Poole score 30 points between them.? 

Jack Thomas is in fine form at the moment and is likely to be the difference. Expect him to have at least 6 rides. 4 points either way.

I'll be very surprised if Thomas scores double figures?

The skill will be in the management tactics and knowing when/if to use him?

If Schlein/King gate....then I can't see anyone getting near them.....Worral is useful around PB, but not unbeatable and Harris/Riss should get the better of him.

10 minutes ago, Osirian08 said:

Bomber moving to No.1 could be a problem for us, not traditionally his favorite place in the riding order

Plus, Morris and Shanes need to put a shift in......I don't think either of them have hit a double figure score at home all season?

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Jack Thomas is in fine form at the moment and is likely to be the difference. Expect him to have at least 6 rides. 4 points either way.

Jack is in fine form at the moment , but  if you look at his home form he has scored 1 point  in three of his eight home meetings.Also i would say Poole have reserves and a second string that are always tough to keep at the back.If Jack has to have six rides for me that tells you that Birmingham are not going to  win the meeting .

27 minutes ago, Argos said:

Anyone know who the Poole Team Manager is tonight 

Middlo, as far as I know

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Forecast looks good so coming up this afternoon. Hopefully there will be a good crowd for this one. If Birmingham fans don’t come out for this there’s no chance for the sport in the city.

Be there or lose it!

Why?? Is the Grand Prix there or something????? Deluded Paul are bigger than everyone else knows they are.

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Be there or lose it!

Unfortunately Birmingham has around 1.3 million people within its boundary who don’t know this is on tonight.

57 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Why?? Is the Grand Prix there or something????? Deluded Paul are bigger than everyone else knows they are.

Don't forget, as you keep reminding us, we are the Man Utd of speedway :party:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I'll be very surprised if Thomas scores double figures?

The skill will be in the management tactics and knowing when/if to use him?

If Schlein/King gate....then I can't see anyone getting near them.....Worral is useful around PB, but not unbeatable and Harris/Riss should get the better of him.

Laurence Rogers still team manager ? Oh dear