British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham v Poole. 1st September 2021

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rory riding like a donkey. 

About as Donkeyish as Harris.

1 minute ago, Col said:

About as Donkeyish as Harris.

Chris Harris not showing up in the big meetings. How glad I am he's someone else's problem

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Chris Harris not showing up in the big meetings. How glad I am he's someone else's problem

He heard you! Did alright in H15. Shame we couldn't keep it within 6, just slipped away at the end. Always going to be an uphill struggle being down to 5 but they did well. Main thing is Stef, hope he not too bad. But doesn't sound nice. Get well soon Stef.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

He turned when it mattered in Ht 15

• Like 1

Just now, Fromafar said:

He turned when it mattered in Ht 15

Did it matter? Meeting was already won. Makes little difference to Birmingham if Poole got a point or not

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Did it matter? Meeting was already won. Makes little difference to Birmingham if Poole got a point or not

Might make difference to finishing top or not! Or even top 2. 

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I would suggest 9 from 4 completed rides is far from” not showing up”.Every point matters for different reasons.IMO.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 3

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Might make difference to finishing top or not! Or even top 2. 

I know it mattered to Poole but realistically pressure was off Birmingham were guaranteed the 3 points

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brummie Kev said:

There's nothing wrong with the track, Danny King just clocked 59.57 which is probably one of the quickest times of season. 

Yes Danny King was on the gas and did make a couple of great passes however, I didn't think the racing was that good apart from Kings overtakes it was from the gate and spread out.

No sour grapes well done to the Brummies. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jaizer said:

I know it mattered to Poole but realistically pressure was off Birmingham were guaranteed the 3 points

Teams not likely to be in playoffs like influencing things though. ;)

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Teams not likely to be in playoffs like influencing things though. ;)

Yeah suppose. Probably my hatred of Harris coming through lol. Waste of space when rode for us on his guarantee wage

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah suppose. Probably my hatred of Harris coming through lol. Waste of space when rode for us on his guarantee wage

Ah okay. Whilst Poole had that excellent  pass on Jason Doyle in playoff SF vs Somerset which put us through! Will always get a good reception at Poole just for that! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ah okay. Whilst Poole had that excellent  pass on Jason Doyle in playoff SF vs Somerset which put us through! Will always get a good reception at Poole just for that! 

Oh I remember..sure was day after scored about 6 for us. Language my old man used that night could never be repeated ha

• Haha 1

So Pooles love for R/R finally smacks them on the butt, love it, glug glug.

Feel sorry for Stefan though.

Perhaps Harris should have used the bike he rode in heat 15 earlier, the bike he rode in his previous outings that gave up in heat 13 was nowhere near that quick!