British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham v Poole. 1st September 2021

1 minute ago, Marshall07 said:

Haha yes, but they'll use the declared teams which are due in 5 days before

Poole's website, social media and in particular their twitter are all updated regularly so I still don't see how they weren't made aware of the changes by the morning of the meeting!!?

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole's website, social media and in particular their twitter are all updated regularly so I still don't see how they weren't made aware of the changes by the morning of the meeting!!?

It was maybe the ref that brought it to the attention of the managers? As he'd have access to the very current GSA?

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe something or nothing but bspl website latest set of averages have cook's average from 1st Sep still as 4.00. presumably must be a mistake as referee had different figures?

1 minute ago, Marshall07 said:

It was maybe the ref that brought it to the attention of the managers? As he'd have access to the very current GSA?

I heard before midday yesterday about possible changes to the riding order. Strange to say the least.

Would the Eastbourne matches not be removed from averages? Obviously results removed so why not averages?

Dan Ford in the Echo today said the track was really heavy and had caught Stef out and he couldn't turn the bike. Also said if they didn't do extra track work Poole riders wouldn't have carried on. 

Also said the track got to a rideable stage. Apparently they were worried about the track before H1. 

Edited by lisa-colette

9 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Would the Eastbourne matches not be removed from averages? Obviously results removed so why not averages?

I believe that will happen for the next set of averages.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Dan Ford in the Echo today said the track was really heavy and had caught Stef out and he couldn't turn the bike. Also said if they didn't do extra track work Poole riders wouldn't have carried on. 

Also said the track got to a rideable stage. Apparently they were worried about the track before H1. 

This is correct. Only heard one Poole rider saying he didn't want to ride and was moaning before the track walk... All the others were happy with regular grading which would have happened if it wasn't for the delay early on. The track needed to be attacked and the likes of King, Riss, Harris and others did this and had some good close racing. The track was well watered to combat the dust problem but with lots of cloud cover it never really dried to produce the excellent surface of recent weeks. 

Poole are safely in the play offs and were never going to put their necks on the line with bigger meetings coming up. I thought some races were good, some not so good, a typical speedway meeting that you find at every track up and down the country, not just Birmingham! 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

He was just making excuses. The 'extra track work' which was carried out was just a few passes with the usual grader. As for Stef couldn't turn the bike: everyone else could do it. He actually ran into Grobauer trying to overtake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I haven’t been on here for a long time but nice to know nothing has changed 

Ford and Shovlar give their totally unbiased assessment and all Is believed lol

Edited by sancho
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, sancho said:

I haven’t been on here for a long time but nice to know nothing has changed 

Ford and Shovlar give their totally unbiased assessment and all Is believed lol

Well all I can go on is what is reported in the media!

Looks happy in Wolves colours. Probably gets respected when riding for them.

241049283_10159184503792795_8313477901412318129_n.jpg

Edited by Trackrat

10 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Definitely not by you!

You called him an 'old gating tart' on the previous page.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

More crap

• Haha 1