British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
old bob at herne bay

Kent Kings vs Birmingham Brummies 30th August 4pm

This coming Bank Holiday Monday afternoon the Kings  take on the Brummies at Central Park.  A return of Scott's Peterboro clubmate Chris Harris and also a return for former Kings favourite James Shane's riding against his former club.

Chris Harris deemed to be in the twilight of his racing career (like Scott !)  is in the form of his life and along with Eric Riss will both  pose a threat.

At reserve they have Paco Castagna the son of former rider and current  FIM Director of the Track Racing Commission Armando.

They also have Valentin Grobauer who has started to find his feet in British Speedway.

Kent  will need to be on their guard on Monday  afternoon but I feel quietly confident Kings can pick up three points to boost thier chances of grabbing the 6th play off place .

On another note I hope Len Silver gets the track sorted out after the debacle of the dust kicked up during last week. The track needs to be back to how it was at the start of the current season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

This coming Bank Holiday Monday afternoon the Kings  take on the Brummies at Central Park.  A return of Scott's Peterboro clubmate Chris Harris and also a return for former Kings favourite James Shane's riding against his former club.

Chris Harris deemed to be in the twilight of his racing career (like Scott !)  is in the form of his life and along with Eric Riss will both  pose a threat.

At reserve they have Paco Castagna the son of former rider and current  FIM Director of the Track Racing Commission Armando.

They also have Valentin Grobauer who has started to find his feet in British Speedway.

Kent  will need to be on their guard on Monday  afternoon but I feel quietly confident Kings can pick up three points to boost thier chances of grabbing the 6th play off place .

On another note I hope Len Silver gets the track sorted out after the debacle of the dust kicked up during last week. The track needs to be back to how it was at the start of the current season.

Nobody has explained why the track was not watered last Tuesday.  It was extraordinary and unlike any other meeting I have seen at Central Park.

What ever the problem was last tuesday i would think it was a one off ..looking forward to exciting  racing on monday afternoon........

Edited by waco

30 minutes ago, waco said:

What ever the problem was last tuesday i would think it was a one off ..looking forward to exciting  racing on monday afternoon........

Hope you are right Waco but previous week the blue groove on turn one after just 4 heats returned  and was not properly sorted - Not seen that in previous meetings this year but saw plenty of it in National League days - Will probably give the Birmingham fixture a miss and see what the forum has to say about the track - Hope to then be back for the rest of all fixtures - Hope all goes well and good racing - :nono:

• Like 2

Len knows you can not afford to upset the fans especially in the currant climate of tracks closing down so you can almost garantee he will give track prep his best attention,,,And,,the sport needs every fan it can get at the moment ,So,i am pretty confident the track will be back to its best this afternoon and another top class meeting will be witnessed.......

• Like 1

KENT: Troy Batchelor, Ben Morley, Paul Starke, Cameron Heeps, Scott Nicholls, Jake Mulford, Dan Gilkes.

BIRMINGHAM: Erik Riss, Valentin Grobauer, James Shanes, Ashley Morris, Chris Harris, Paco Castagna, Jack Thomas.

50+ for Kent.

Big home win Brummies  are a 4 man team this season occasionally 5 . 2,3 and 4 need to pick up more than the pathetic 4 they got between them yesterday ..

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

Another excellent performance from Jack Thomas, following his good effort at Poole yesterday.

• Like 2

Middle order collapse. Other than Riss, Thomas & I suppose Morris another poor away day for the Brummies.

A very good meeting today. Some decent racing and well run. Totally different to last Tuesday, thankfully.

16 minutes ago, Col said:

Middle order collapse. Other than Riss, Thomas & I suppose Morris another poor away day for the Brummies.

I expected more from Harris and Shanes. An enjoyable match though.

21 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

A very good meeting today. Some decent racing and well run. Totally different to last Tuesday, thankfully.

19 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I expected more from Harris and Shanes. An enjoyable match though.

Good to read it was a good meeting - Bomber’s score low but was it his first time round this track? - Thanks for the track info as well - Will be there next Tuesday 

Well done Shanes brilliant riding. All these brummies fans who wanted you to stay and told me your good are proving them all corrected. 

Should of got rid when we had chance 

play offs not chance now. Might as well call it a day now 

Superb track,,,Exciting racing,,,Good crowd in ,,,Well run ,,,Late surge by the Kent boys to get a result ,,What more could the fans want ,after last weeks debarkle caused by ref Barbara Horley,s refusal to let the track be watered properly,,especially on the outside before the meeting,,so she knows more about track prep than Len or Jamie then ,,joke .!.... lets hope we do not get lumbered with her again,,,..Nice to see Cameron Heeps hitting something like his true form and an excellent meeting from Jack Thomas for  Brummies who were basically a three man team,,Dont miss another great Speedway meeting next week...

• Like 1