Redcar v Berwick

1 minute ago, Marshall07 said:

McGregor wasn't in charge, it was a trainee 

But he told him to watch for Sarjeant:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

Best meeting I’ve seen this year. Bandits deserved a draw at least

You should come down more often - i would say we have had a number of meetings that have had better racing 

What a meeting… I’d throw my money at that place every week if it was closer.

If you’d asked me before the meeting what I thought we’d do , I’d have said probably a 12-14 point defeat. To come away with a draw from one of the best teams in the league is something we should be over the moon with.. but I’m truly gutted! Gutted the way it went down… gutted for our team who I believe exceeded expectations (other than Normski who is Mr.Optimistic and believed we would get the win :lol:)..  Leon absolutely busting his balls knew he had MPT on the inside of him and had to stay on the quicker outside line…. I’m just truly gutted he couldn’t get the finish across the line for the team that he so wanted! The main thing is he got up and walked away from that. He has been one of the stars of the British Speedway season and the absolute star of ours!  
2 away points is a great days work and although the win just eluded us, it made it a swift journey home :approve:

• Like 4

Do Redcar do Dvd if so would be interested what you think 3 best meeting this year thanks

An outstanding meeting, great racing, a dramatic finish, a well prepared track, a good atmosphere.

My third visit to Redcar this season and they've all been top quality, but today was really exceptional.

Have been riding our luck for the two previous home meetings. Thankfully Busk Jakobsen and Summers had a poor meeting. Tac sub should of been used in heat 10. Personally think that Sarjeant should of been released. Is a journeyman. Rowe may of been struggling. But has far more potential. Top marks to Leon Flint. Did remarkably well, to hold on. As long as he did.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

Have been riding our luck for the two previous home meetings. Thankfully Busk Jakobsen and Summers had a poor meeting. Tac sub should of been used in heat 10. Personally think that Sarjeant should of been released. Is a journeyman. Rowe may of been struggling. But has far more potential. Top marks to Leon Flint. Did remarkably well, to hold on. As long as he did.

Tac sub couldn't be used in heat 10. Sarj needed a third ride as his tapes exclusion is classed as a frustrated ride.

Rowe didn't show that potential having been outscored by the "journeyman" in nearly every meeting from a much tougher team position 

6 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Tac sub couldn't be used in heat 10. Sarj needed a third ride as his tapes exclusion is classed as a frustrated ride.

Rowe didn't show that potential having been outscored by the "journeyman" in nearly every meeting from a much tougher team position 

Well then Sarjeant should of gone off 15 metre handicap. To get his third ride. 

Wow, when the said what the score was at Poole I was surprised! I thought it was a nailed on home win. Haven't seen any of the meeting details but well done Berwick! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

Well then Sarjeant should of gone off 15 metre handicap. To get his third ride. 

Mr hindsight always gets it right

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

What a meeting… I’d throw my money at that place every week if it was closer.

If you’d asked me before the meeting what I thought we’d do , I’d have said probably a 12-14 point defeat. To come away with a draw from one of the best teams in the league is something we should be over the moon with.. but I’m truly gutted! Gutted the way it went down… gutted for our team who I believe exceeded expectations (other than Normski who is Mr.Optimistic and believed we would get the win :lol:)..  Leon absolutely busting his balls knew he had MPT on the inside of him and had to stay on the quicker outside line…. I’m just truly gutted he couldn’t get the finish across the line for the team that he so wanted! The main thing is he got up and walked away from that. He has been one of the stars of the British Speedway season and the absolute star of ours!  
2 away points is a great days work and although the win just eluded us, it made it a swift journey home :approve:

It certainly beats what we watch at Shielfield hands down.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Best track in the country imho.

51 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I used to enjoy my occasional visit to Owlerton the speed they go when you are have gotten used to watching riders struggle to turn the bike inside out at Monmore.  Thought Tigers v Aces was good, earlier this year but when Panthers visited with Harris at reserve it was poor.

31 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Best track in the country imho.

They all claim that until I go :(

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Wow, when the said what the score was at Poole I was surprised! I thought it was a nailed on home win. Haven't seen any of the meeting details but well done Berwick! 

You probably don't know, how fair the Redcar track is and how much, the away riders, can't wait to get to work on it. I fancied Berwick to do well today, so many riders with MPA experience. So it was no surprise. We have been living on the edge at home all season and I don't expect us, to go very far in the play offs (if we get there). Some of the Redcar riders, don't seem set up for the early part of the meeting and come to life, in the second half, ( you cannot do that and not get caught out, eventually) when the track has slicked off. The motors seem to be running too fast and spinning up (especially out of the starts). The answer being to " kill the motor" or start the meeting with the track a bit slicker. The way it is right now, you have little, or no chance, of building an advantage to take to another track. Well done to Berwick though, it was a great meeting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Mr hindsight always gets it right

Or foresight in the case of most reasonably literate speedway tacticians.  It was certainly obvious to me at the time watching the match from the back straight.

Edited by arnieg