British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Bear

Redcar v Berwick

11 hours ago, sidewinder said:

You probably don't know, how fair the Redcar track is and how much, the away riders, can't wait to get to work on it. I fancied Berwick to do well today, so many riders with MPA experience. So it was no surprise. We have been living on the edge at home all season and I don't expect us, to go very far in the play offs (if we get there). Some of the Redcar riders, don't seem set up for the early part of the meeting and come to life, in the second half, ( you cannot do that and not get caught out, eventually) when the track has slicked off. The motors seem to be running too fast and spinning up (especially out of the starts). The answer being to " kill the motor" or start the meeting with the track a bit slicker. The way it is right now, you have little, or no chance, of building an advantage to take to another track. Well done to Berwick though, it was a great meeting.

No, I haven't really seen the Redcar track. Only the odd race posted on SM to show how well Basso did there the other week. But from what I've seen it does look really good!

37 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for heats 2, 5 and 8 please? Thanks in advance. 

2 - 54.3

5 - 55.3

8 - 55.6

• Like 1

Another track ticked off for me - that's 9 new ones this year -  and once again I was really impressed. Good atmosphere, friendly people and some great racing. Sat in the Royal Box and benefitted from being able to see the pits clearly as well as the track.

I also thought the track staff did a great job, making the outside so attractive for the riders really brought the racing alive.  Thanks Redcar - let's spread some positive vibes for once !

• Like 5

On 8/29/2021 at 11:20 PM, Col said:

I used to enjoy my occasional visit to Owlerton the speed they go when you are have gotten used to watching riders struggle to turn the bike inside out at Monmore.  Thought Tigers v Aces was good, earlier this year but when Panthers visited with Harris at reserve it was poor.

They all claim that until I go :(

Nobody mentioned Sheffield or Owlerton, Shielfield is Berwick’s stadium

5 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Nobody mentioned Sheffield or Owlerton, Shielfield is Berwick’s stadium

Ah, I see.  Easily confused on a small phone screen.

• Like 1