British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

Will buster Sell ? 

I for sure think we need to start the team building early. 

Edited by Greg

Just now, Trees said:

Did you mean 2022?

I did to early on a sunday for me .

• Like 1

Lawson should be first name on team sheet for Stars next season , then Jorgensen, and Kasper. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Lawson should be first name on team sheet for Stars next season , then Jorgensen, and Kasper. 

I think I'd persevere with Mountain but could take or leave the other three, Riss has been a big disappointment in particular. 

Is Buster still staying as promoter if he doesn't sell? Or does he at least want someone to take over from that? Has he said if he's planning to keep KL in the prem?

28 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think I'd persevere with Mountain but could take or leave the other three, Riss has been a big disappointment in particular. 

Think Kerr has to stay. Solid middle order rider. Can't see Lawson being back, also burnt bridges with Cook. 

All depending on the world in 2022 I think we'll have an even worse side in 2022. Just picking at scraps while the other pick the best of the bunch. 

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Is Buster still staying as promoter if he doesn't sell? Or does he at least want someone to take over from that? Has he said if he's planning to keep KL in the prem?

Rumour is that Dale Allitt and Alex Brady are taking over the running of the Stars team next season. After the team the Allitt put together for the start of this season, god help us.

• Like 2

Just as important as who’s in the team in 2022  if the PL stays a 6 team league and the season starts in March how do we fill a full season of fixtures ? - this season started on May 17 and if Sheffield hadn’t been called of the season would now be over now  so If it starts in March season could be over end of June or will the season again start in May ? 
Lots to be decided ahead of 2022

Buster has practically let others run the two clubs this season but hes the track preparation man will he be looking to pass this part onto those running the clubs now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Think Kerr has to stay. Solid middle order rider. Can't see Lawson being back, also burnt bridges with Cook. 

All depending on the world in 2022 I think we'll have an even worse side in 2022. Just picking at scraps while the other pick the best of the bunch. 

You'd like to think Lawson will have enjoyed this season at Lynn and would want to return unless you think he'd be offered more elsewhere? Not fussed about Cook at all, at the time it seemed an awful decision to let him go but the decision has been almost entirely vindicated and it was one of the few correct decisions they've made this year.

Wouldn't necessarily mind Kerr staying but he should be scoring more IMO particularly at home. 

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Rumour is that Dale Allitt and Alex Brady are taking over the running of the Stars team next season. After the team the Allitt put together for the start of this season, god help us.

I don't think Buster was to involved this season. I might be wrong. He obviously does the track, and it's been good this season. He must sign off the riders/team, as he pays them. But i'm not sure if he's involved any more than that. I can't see things changing much short term. I'm hoping Buster will carry on doing the track until he can find a buyer, which could prove difficult

As for the team. I think Lewi is on a 2 year deal. I'd have Lawson signed up now, i'd also have TJ back.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

You'd like to think Lawson will have enjoyed this season at Lynn and would want to return unless you think he'd be offered more elsewhere? Not fussed about Cook at all, at the time it seemed an awful decision to let him go but the decision has been almost entirely vindicated and it was one of the few correct decisions they've made this year.

Wouldn't necessarily mind Kerr staying but he should be scoring more IMO particularly at home. 

Agree. Lawson must of enjoyed his time with us. It seems to have given him a lift.  He would be first on my team sheet. I was gob smacked when Cookie went, but it has proved to be a good call. EDIT........ Just checked. Lawson arrived on a 5.64 average. His GSA from 1st Sept is 7.39:blink:. I wouldn't want it any higher than that. He might ride himself out of a job if it goes much higher.

Interesting bit on Alex Brady, incase anyone hasn't seen it yet .QUESTION AND ANSWER: Alex Brady | Your Local Paper

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Lawson arrived on a 5.64 average. His GSA from 1st Sept is 7.39:blink:. I wouldn't want it any higher than that. He might ride himself out of a job if it goes much higher.

His average might help keep him at King's Lynn 

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I just feel Lawson after the season he's had would more than likely want to find a more competitive club. 

Lawson, Jorgensen & Kerr are the only 3 that justify a return, but you just know Dale will be back on the phone picking his mates again 

4 hours ago, mrss said:

Not a rumour. Buster said that on the mic at Peterborough. 

• Like 1