Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

2 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Can't see Lambert returning he's earning good money in Poland.

........ and ripping it up in Sweden too. Absolutely no chance of him coming back any time soon, for as long as he remains in the GP's at least

On 9/27/2021 at 1:11 PM, Flappy said:

Swindon?

Swindon not running next year.

47 minutes ago, Haza said:

Spot on - to be fair I never saw Buster on Tv or in any photos come to that  unless I missed it but Alitt definitely was . Not sure what the answer is if Buster hadn’t taken Pboro on they’d closed so can understand the reasons but Alitt didn’t need to be there on camera on tv and in photos in a panther hoodie . 100% committed to KL as you say is what’s needed to bring  league title to KL . Fingers crossed in 12 months time that will be the case . 

This isn’t the first time that a promoter (or promoters) have owned more than one club.  While not ideal with so few teams in the league - it is what it is and branding is a very strong marketing tool. 

Why shouldn’t they be involved in the celebrations - they have earned it as much as the team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

This isn’t the first time that a promoter (or promoters) have owned more than one club.  While not ideal with so few teams in the league - it is what it is and branding is a very strong marketing tool. 

Why shouldn’t they be involved in the celebrations - they have earned it as much as the team.

This 100% it's as much there's as it is anyone else's title 

On 9/28/2021 at 12:19 AM, Bald Bloke said:

2022. All the difference is Rob Lyon and Alex. Buster and Dale the same. Give us Stars something next season. No excuse

Dream on :rofl:

8 hours ago, Haza said:

100% more thought needs to go into 2022 team than the team that started this season - how did they get Panthers team so right and the Stars team so dramatically wrong ? 

Co's they know you mug's will keep turning up:t:

15 minutes ago, Flappy said:

This 100% it's as much there's as it is anyone else's title 

Of course it’s anyones title never said it wasn’t - I can hear the bleating now out of Pboro had Lynn won the title and Pboro finished bottom so why would be any different for  some Lynn fans ? - definitely Buster saved Pboro from closing and the last thing anyone wants is clubs to close . 

Edited by Haza

48 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The season has been really bad but I'm not convinced the team for 2022 will be much better. They're talking about 2 'Rising Stars' next year (wrong imo), this most likely to be Mountain & Kinsley. 

Jorgensen, Lawson & Kerr already in for 2022.

Peterborough are losing Pedersen, Wolves losing Schlein, will Crump continue, Sheffield could lose Holder as may look to stay abroad, also who really wants Batchelor now? 

Rider's will be at a premium next year unless more foreign rider's become available to the UK, this I don't see, especially the higher quality ones. 

You just look at the rider's at other Prem clubs & you just don't see them wanting to move, especially to King's Lynn. We will be the last pickings for them. 

We've also got the possibility of Oxford joining the league. 

I seriously do not hold out much hope for improvement at all. 

Exactly they've already got the majority of this year's team so expect the same rubbish as this year.:sad:

13 minutes ago, Warriors said:

Exactly they've already got the majority of this year's team so expect the same rubbish as this year.:sad:

Unless the fixed race night changes then Oxford will be in the Championship anyway running on Friday nights...

I think both Holders are going to be at Sheffield next season, could be the only season especially if Jack qualifies for the GP's in 2023

Possibility that Iversen, Zagar, Doyle maybe looking to the UK alongside the likes of Klindt, Thorsell  some other foreigners that have missed  season or two plus some younger foreign riders, then you will get an influx of new aussies, BWD said he is looking to ride next season with another Kiwi rider, who that is I do not know.

24 minutes ago, Haza said:

Of course it’s anyones title never said it wasn’t - I can hear the bleating now out of Pboro had Lynn won the title and Pboro finished bottom so why would be any different for  some Lynn fans ? - definitely Buster saved Pboro from closing and the last thing anyone wants is clubs to close . 

2019 we were awful and there was bleating but it appears it was misdirected bleating 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Flappy said:

2019 we were awful and there was bleating but it appears it was misdirected bleating 

Panthers was the best side by far and congratulations on the title win hopefully Chapman and Alitt will balance things out a little between both clubs next season though at Lynn top priority is stock cars which doesn’t help . 

People can say Dale Allitt was entitled to celebrate, but it really pissed me off seeing it on tv. He always made out he is a Kings Lynn Stars man. I was cheering Belle Vue, because as a Stars fan ,I hate to see our local rivals do well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Haza said:

Wonder if you’d feel the same way had it been the other way round and Lynn had won the title and Panthers had finished bottom ? Peterborough seems to me have  gained more than Lynn from this dual ownership. All Lynn fans want is a owner promoter that give 100% to Kings Lynn not 60- 40 to Pboro. 

Can honestly say it didn't bother me in the slightest, I know and accept that Buster and Dale are involved with both clubs. Our team didn't work out this year, theirs did. Hopefully ours will be better next season.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Haza said:

That’s not correct, had Keith Chapman not bought the Club after the 2018 season Ged and I would have continued running it, it would not have closed and was never in danger of closing under Ged’s stewardship. 

• Like 1