British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Bit harsh on those who may want to attend Edinburgh meetings but live in the radius restriction but cant due to there own health or family caring responsibilities ,  its stopping them from continuing to watch the sport they may of been attending for many years , if the person being stopped from watching is disabled it could easily be taken as a form of discrimination .

The management have already stated that these people with issues can let them know and they will sort something out for them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Haza said:

I watched the play final last night Glasgow v Poole  via the Glasgow stream it cost £11.95 to view enjoyable meeting it was the first time I’d used the service while watching it I thought it is a great way to generate more income for clubs of that £11.95 couldn’t say how much is profit but all I do no without the stream Glasgow speedway would have got £0 from me last night - so why doesn’t more clubs stream meetings for a fee ? Seems to me £11.95 is better than nothing and with an ageing fan base watching from home could be a good alternative to generate income . Well done Glasgow speedway for a great service . 

So did I Haza, and like you it was my first experience of a live streamed speedway meeting. I was impressed. Not up to mainstream TV standards obviously, but certainly very well presented with decent camera work and some good interviews. I think other Clubs should certainly be looking at this as a way of generating income from fans who are unable to attend a meeting, or choose not to for what ever reason. As a pensioner now, I pick and choose which meetings I attend as the cost of attending every meeting is just too expensive. Living south of Norwich, its a 100 mile round trip to Lynn for us, plus two admissions, programmes, food and drink and fuel which won't leave me much change out of £60 a meeting. Multiply this by four meetings a month and its £240 out of my pension. You can now see the appeal of a live stream at £11-95. Naturally I'd rather be standing on the terraces, something I've done now for 58 years, but if the sport is to survive it must look forward to other ways to not only appeal to new supporters, but those of us who have been loyal for many years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bunce said:

So did I Haza, and like you it was my first experience of a live streamed speedway meeting. I was impressed. Not up to mainstream TV standards obviously, but certainly very well presented with decent camera work and some good interviews. I think other Clubs should certainly be looking at this as a way of generating income from fans who are unable to attend a meeting, or choose not to for what ever reason. As a pensioner now, I pick and choose which meetings I attend as the cost of attending every meeting is just too expensive. Living south of Norwich, its a 100 mile round trip to Lynn for us, plus two admissions, programmes, food and drink and fuel which won't leave me much change out of £60 a meeting. Multiply this by four meetings a month and its £240 out of my pension. You can now see the appeal of a live stream at £11-95. Naturally I'd rather be standing on the terraces, something I've done now for 58 years, but if the sport is to survive it must look forward to other ways to not only appeal to new supporters, but those of us who have been loyal for many years.

Couldn’t agree more 

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I believe you can still buy the stream on EMTV if you're within the radius by contacting the promotion directly and explaining your circumstances. 

5 hours ago, Endeavour said:

You can email the club if within 25 mile radius and can’t make the meeting

That makes alot of sence , there maybe those who abuse and find away around  this but at least its available to those that cant attend for a genuine reason .

23 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

No Erik for next season then….

Yes 2 new clubs for him next year I see.

Not a bad thing, probably needs a fresh environment in the Prem to get himself going again. Was a big disappointment last season but works welcome him back in the future if he can regain his form. 

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I heard he had personal problems this year. If he can put that behind him, he could be a good signing for someone on his average. I think Lynn are right to let him go though. We keep a lot of riders thinking they will improve and they usually don’t.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Peterborough with a panthers rider heading to Lynn 

Not sure Chris Harris would agree again to being told where hes riding instead of where he wants to ride , he did that once with the Panthers to Ipswich move and dont think his heart was in his racing that season as a result 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Not sure Chris Harris would agree again to being told where hes riding instead of where he wants to ride , he did that once with the Panthers to Ipswich move and dont think his heart was in his racing that season as a result 

Would certainly agree with that statement 

• Like 1