British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

Pickering, Kerr, Harris, Jorgensen, Lawson, K Anderson ,and Jack Thomas. Would it fit average wise?

45 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Seems like Pickering would be number 1 on 7.2 ish so something below that.

Bit tough to start as no1,but then Lawson did a good job there last year when not expected to do that well as a no1.

Just had a look at Pickering's H/A average,he actually had a better away average than his home one.As he rode Lynn very well hopefully he will have a good home average and keep up the good work away from home. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mrss said:

Pickering, Kerr, Harris, Jorgensen, Lawson, K Anderson ,and Jack Thomas. Would it fit average wise?

If the rumoured team is :Pickering,Lawson,Kildemand,Jorgensen,Kerr,Thomas that would leave around 5.8 if Kildemand is 7.1 and Pickering 7.38(acc to Sheffield stats)BSPA latest was 7.06.So i wouldn't expect to see Andersen back with that size average left.I would fully expect to see Kerr start at reserve.

Josh Pickering’s PL average is 7.06.

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

If the rumoured team is :Pickering,Lawson,Kildemand,Jorgensen,Kerr,Thomas that would leave around 5.8 if Kildemand is 7.1 and Pickering 7.38(acc to Sheffield stats)BSPA latest was 7.06.So i wouldn't expect to see Andersen back with that size average left.I would fully expect to see Kerr start at reserve.

We posted together. Club website averages are often meaningless, the only averages used for team building are the official BSPL green sheets.

19 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

We posted together. Club website averages are often meaningless, the only averages used for team building are the official BSPL green sheets.

Would be ideal if they produced a list either A-Z or high to low of all official figures

Shouldn't be too difficult and useful whether viewed by club officials or fans

Small things can make a huge difference to engagement.....

15 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Club website averages are often meaningless, the only averages used for team building are the official BSPL green sheets.

Only the last set published don't include the Sheffield/Kings Lynn meeting on Sunday 26th September,after the cut off point for October the previous Thursday.The Tigers site includes the riders averages after the meeting with Josh on 7.38 from his 12 meetings.

11 meetings  47 rides 83 points = 7.06

12 meetings  52 rides 96 points = 7.38 (he scored 13+2 from 5)

• Like 1

Just now, Andrew said:

Only the last set published don't include the Sheffield/Kings Lynn meeting on Sunday 26th September,after the cut off point for October the previous Thursday.The Tigers site includes the riders averages after the meeting with Josh on 7.38 from his 12 meetings.

11 meetings  47 rides 83 points = 7.06

12 meetings  52 rides 96 points = 7.38 (he scored 13+2 from 5)

So the SGB site is wrong down to shoddy updating or ineptitude 

Yet again something very simple is a complete mess and what should be clear and transparent is opaque and shrouded in confusion

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Yet again something very simple is a complete mess and what should be clear and transparent is opaque and shrouded in confusion

I was correct in what I said up to a point, but if there are further official averages to come then any of the averages involved could change when they appear on the BSPL site. I understand from a senior person in the sport that Picketing’s final average will indeed be 7.38. The BSPL site isn’t wrong, but may not be up-to-date :-)

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

He'd certainly be a risk, but he could be good value on that average in what is now a much weaker league than when he last rode here. I gather he has struggled on the continent in recent years though so it's a bit of a gamble.

Good to watch too, he and Pickering would make the team much more exciting. 

I’d take Pickering no problem. Average is a bit high, but he goes really well around the AFA, and you need to win your home meetings and pick up a few points on the road. As for Killer on a 7, not for me. Would probably cost a bit and I think he will struggle to reach his average.Would much rather have MPT.

12 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

I was correct in what I said up to a point, but if there are further official averages to come then any of the averages involved could change when they appear on the BSPL site. I understand from a senior person in the sport that Picketing’s final average will indeed be 7.38. The BSPL site isn’t wrong, but may not be up-to-date :-)

Not up to date is wrong as there SHOULD be a different final set of figures

Shoddy and amateur 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I’d take Pickering no problem. Average is a bit high, but he goes really well around the AFA, and you need to win your home meetings and pick up a few points on the road. As for Killer on a 7, not for me. Would probably cost a bit and I think he will struggle to reach his average.Would much rather have MPT.

Definitely prefer MPT than Killer. If its not MPT, then there must be better options that Killer on a 7pt average, can only see him going one way these days, and even when he was a decent rider, his riding style, although appearing exciting, meant he spent far too many times on his backside

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

In previous years the seasons final GSA used for the following years team building, are normally ratified and approved at the AGM before being released.

• Thanks 1