British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

He was on the list for sure so maybe saying he opted out was the wrong choice of words,   

but he chose not to be classed as a RS in his 2021 Premiership team , now the RS is only in the Premiership for 2022 he shouldnt be able to switch back again as he didnt race as a RS in the premiership for 2021

No he didn’t ? He was going to be Swindon’s RS then they decided not to  run in January and by then  all the other teams RS places had gone ?

Edited by Dan123

27 minutes ago, Dan123 said:

No he didn’t ? He was going to be Swindon’s RS then they decided not to  run in January and by then  all the other teams RS places had gone ?

KL and Peterborough both had 1* RS,   do you think or know that both these clubs didn't look into using Rowe as a 4*RS, or had he decided he wanted to join Ipswich anyway

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

KL and Peterborough both had 1* RS,   do you think or know that both these clubs didn't look into using Rowe as a 4*RS, or had he decided he wanted to join Ipswich anyway

They had already signed all their riders by the time Rowe found out about Swindon - I read Rowe discharged himself from hospital  to ring round every club to try and find a team spot for 2021 season 

11 minutes ago, Dan123 said:

They had already signed all their riders by the time Rowe found out about Swindon - I read Rowe discharged himself from hospital  to ring round every club to try and find a team spot for 2021 season 

Ok , pleased Peterborough used Palin as he had as good if not better a season as Rowe in the Uk and he finished with a Premiership winners medal to put on his CV

Was the fact Rowe started the 2021 championship season not as the RS at Redcar the same situation then to the premiership, so it seems he didnt ride as a RS for the whole season in either league

Im sure i read somewhere that Rowe didn't want to be a RS due to the point money involved compared to what he could earn being a none RS in a team.

• Like 2

I’m wondering if crump would be in the team this year as he must be on the same sort of average as R Worral 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lynnboy said:

I’m wondering if crump would be in the team this year as he must be on the same sort of average as R Worral 

Would be a madness to pick Crump over Worrall. Crump only offers sentimental value & that's certainly something King's Lynn can't afford in 2022 after the season we had in 2021.

We have to be competitive and yet again, with the predicted 7, we're well off it again. Crump would just add further pain. 

Not long to wait know. Hope the Stars pull a real rabbit from the hat. If they can be highly competitive, there will be some great matches with Ipswich.

On 11/27/2021 at 11:07 PM, Daniel Smith said:

Would be a madness to pick Crump over Worrall. Crump only offers sentimental value & that's certainly something King's Lynn can't afford in 2022 after the season we had in 2021.

We have to be competitive and yet again, with the predicted 7, we're well off it again. Crump would just add further pain. 

Rather Riss than Crump:t:

16 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

No idea what happened to Riss this season but he’s far better than his current average. 

I heard he had personal problems.Maybe that affected him.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I heard he had personal problems.Maybe that affected him.

That as well as hating the new tyres. Absolutely zapped his confidence 

56 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

That as well as hating the new tyres. Absolutely zapped his confidence 

Everyone was in the same boat there(tyres).With having personal problems as well as using,wasn't it the Gerhard engine at times no wonder he weren't that great.If he used other engines like everyone else i'm sure his confidence would have come back.

33 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Everyone was in the same boat there(tyres).With having personal problems as well as using,wasn't it the Gerhard engine at times no wonder he weren't that great.If he used other engines like everyone else i'm sure his confidence would have come back.

FYI he only used the GTR engine for 3 races total for Lynn this past season. He even bought a brand new PJR halfway through the year.

It definitely wasn't through lack of trying to get things to work, it just didn't click.

7 minutes ago, ScottCampos178 said:

FYI he only used the GTR engine for 3 races total for Lynn this past season. He even bought a brand new PJR halfway through the year.

It definitely wasn't through lack of trying to get things to work, it just didn't click.

Seemed like he used it a lot from the outside looking in because he was poor all season.

How could it take all season to try to get things going and never reach the point where you have succeeded.