British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

50 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Seemed like he used it a lot from the outside looking in because he was poor all season.

How could it take all season to try to get things going and never reach the point where you have succeeded.

Maybe you get to a point where you start to look to the following season...? 

No point ending the back end of the season flying and increasing your average...

Especially in a team no where near a play off place...

If you can afford to, best thing is to keep that average low and have some negotiating power the following season when discussing team positions with people who may feel your average doesnt truly reflect your capability...

On 11/27/2021 at 4:11 PM, lynnboy said:

I’m wondering if crump would be in the team this year as he must be on the same sort of average as R Worral 

I think they have very different ideas when it comes to wages

43 minutes ago, wtf said:

I think they have very different ideas when it comes to wages

Ritchie it is then - we shall see 

• Like 1

So expecting

Pickering

Worrall

Jorgensen

Lawson

Kildemand

Kerr

Thomas

Would mean we have the strongest reserve in the league but on paper at least the weakest 1 and 7 with a pretty solid middle order. Lots depends on how much PK can stick on his average in what is now a much weaker league.

Looks a much better and more competitive team than last year but still probably the 6th strongest on paper, albeit much closer to others than 2021.

• Like 3

1. Martin Smolinski 
2. Kai Huckenbeck 
3. Josh Pickering 
4. Thomas Jorgensen 
5. Richard Lawson 
6. Lewis Kerr 
7. Jack Thomas R/S

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

So expecting

Pickering

Worrall

Jorgensen

Lawson

Kildemand

Kerr

Thomas

Would mean we have the strongest reserve in the league but on paper at least the weakest 1 and 7 with a pretty solid middle order. Lots depends on how much PK can stick on his average in what is now a much weaker league.

Looks a much better and more competitive team than last year but still probably the 6th strongest on paper, albeit much closer to others than 2021.

Yep, looks that way though I think Worrall (5.51) will start at reserve rather than Kerr (5.73). Depends if that includes the final meeting at Sheffield where Kerr scored 4 from 6 rides.

I think it’s a side that should be competitive at home but probably still too many passengers away and weakest rising star of the lot (again).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, therefused said:

Thomas would make a good number 8, can’t believe we have let Mountain go to Sheffield 

Isnt he a Leicester asset who are also owned by the Bates.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, therefused said:

Thomas would make a good number 8, can’t believe we have let Mountain go to Sheffield 

I don't expect there was any 'letting' about it.

• Like 3

Actually from checking, I might have been unfair on Thomas. Averaged 5.60 from his 20 meetings with Birmingham last season. That’s pretty respectable and stands up well against the likes of Kemp & Rowe.

Sorry Jack :t:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

So expecting

Pickering

Worrall

Jorgensen

Lawson

Kildemand

Kerr

Thomas

Looks on paper better than last season if this does turn out to be the team but with the league being slightly stronger is the that side any better than last seasons ?  If Kildeman ups his average he useful signing - Ritchie Worrall probably had his best season ever when he was last in the team hopefully he can find that sort of form again - personally I’d not had Jorgensen back think he’s more than had his chance -but  all in all it’s looks better than what we started with last season .

Edited by Haza

4 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Actually from checking, I might have been unfair on Thomas. Averaged 5.60 from his 20 meetings with Birmingham last season. That’s pretty respectable and stands up well against the likes of Kemp & Rowe.

Sorry Jack :t:

Yep I think he quietly went about his business at Brum last year and did quite well, plus had an excellent guest appearance at P'boro versus Ipswich where he scored eight including two heat wins  

https://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/20451/ipswich-premiership-06-09-2021

Probably the weakest on paper but has some potential and a much better prospect than Ryan with all due respect to him. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep I think he quietly went about his business at Brum last year and did quite well, plus had an excellent guest appearance at P'boro versus Ipswich where he scored eight including two heat wins  

https://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/20451/ipswich-premiership-06-09-2021

Probably the weakest on paper but has some potential and a much better prospect than Ryan with all due respect to him. 

Lynn’s side last year sucked a lot of my interest away so had totally missed that. Makes total sense now why he’s on our radar.

Always happy to hold my hands up when I get things wrong and looks like I have on this one. Totally agree about him being a better prospect than Ryan. Really felt for him because he should never have been put in that position to start with.

Edited by Speedball
  • Like 1