British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

21 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't understand the negativity from many regarding the King's Lynn team. Both Lawson & Pickering have shown they can score well in the Prem. Although in Pickering's case he'll have to do it from a harder position after racing at no 4 last year. Kildemand got his 7.1 ave in a far weaker league, so should be looking at 7.5 minimum.

Jorgensen, Kerr & Worrall have all shown they can get a 5.5/6.0 ave as second strings, so whoever is at reserve should be the best reserve in the league in my opinion.

While Thomas may not be the strongest RS in the league, he's not far behind & had his best season yet in 2021, so is clearly on the rise.

I'm looking forward to it  myself. Josh will make us pretty strong in heats 13 and 15. More so at home, and thats where you need to win all your meetings if you can. Killer is a slight doubt for me, but not going to judge him before he starts. Hoping for a top 4:t:

57 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm looking forward to it  myself. Josh will make us pretty strong in heats 13 and 15. More so at home, and thats where you need to win all your meetings if you can. Killer is a slight doubt for me, but not going to judge him before he starts. Hoping for a top 4:t:

That's some call on a rider that's never been a regular heat 13 - 15 rider?? 

Up against Fricke, Doyle, Cook, Holder, Ellis, you fancy Pickering to take points away from them?? 

Some ask even at home

18 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Up against Fricke, Doyle, Cook, Holder, Ellis, you fancy Pickering to take points away from them?? 

Some ask even at home

Around the AFA, yes i think he can beat some of them. He seems to love the place going on Sheffield's visits in 2021......

Holder 1 2 3 3 =9

Ellis 2 3 f =5

Josh 2 3 3 2 2 = 12.  chosen for HT 15 and finished 2nd to Lawson. 

Holder 3 3 3 3 0 = 12

Ellis 3 3 2 f = 8

Josh 3 3  2  2 3 =13  Won HT 15... Holder was last.

I know its only 2 meetings.  Put it with Lawsons HT 15 finishes  at home of  2+1,  0,    3,  2,  1+1,  3,   3,  2.  I think the Stars well do ok at the AFA myself in those heats.

Guess my glass is half full, and yours ??:blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

I know the whole number 8 thing is a bit of a sham/PR stunt but Kings Lynn have signed Jake Mulford who has no team place in any other league and might be reliant on the Prem Jnr League (if it happens) for competitive laps and even then he might be deemed too strong for that.

29 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I know the whole number 8 thing is a bit of a sham/PR stunt but Kings Lynn have signed Jake Mulford who has no team place in any other league and might be reliant on the Prem Jnr League (if it happens) for competitive laps and even then he might be deemed too strong for that.

Signed i assume as he is a local lad,and works locally for Olly Allen.So works well for all i would think.Obviously would be nice if he could get fixed up in the Championship with only Birmingham requiring riders though that is looking slim.Poole need one rider but they must have a few pts for the last rider so won't be looking at Jake.

30 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Signed i assume as he is a local lad,and works locally for Olly Allen.So works well for all i would think.Obviously would be nice if he could get fixed up in the Championship with only Birmingham requiring riders though that is looking slim.Poole need one rider but they must have a few pts for the last rider so won't be looking at Jake.

makes sense that he is the number 8 but surprised that Kings Lynn haven't been able to place him somewhere in either NL or CL for extra laps.

20 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

makes sense that he is the number 8 but surprised that Kings Lynn haven't been able to place him somewhere in either NL or CL for extra laps.

It's an odd one, you'd think he is exactly the type of rider that the NL is for. I don't follow that league too closely bit did t he ride for Kent last year? Why is he not back there, did he end up with an awkward average? 

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It's an odd one, you'd think he is exactly the type of rider that the NL is for. I don't follow that league too closely bit did t he ride for Kent last year? Why is he not back there, did he end up with an awkward average? 

He ended on 7.78 which is high enough but he was riding around heat leader level so i did expect him to be fixed up somewhere.  I think his commitment to grasstrack probably made him unpopular with weekend tracks and left few options.  Still thought he was a better bet than Hopwood at Oxford for example but maybe a deal suiting both sides couldn't be done.

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2022 at 5:27 PM, Daniel Smith said:

Some ask even at home

Wish we'd got him back at Sheffield,capable of beating anyone on his day.will be class around saddlebow.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

He ended on 7.78 which is high enough but he was riding around heat leader level so i did expect him to be fixed up somewhere.  I think his commitment to grasstrack probably made him unpopular with weekend tracks and left few options.  Still thought he was a better bet than Hopwood at Oxford for example but maybe a deal suiting both sides couldn't be done.

Ben Hopwood? Jesus Christ.

2 hours ago, Moranboys said:

Wish we'd got him back at Sheffield,capable of beating anyone on his day.will be class around saddlebow.

Never disputed he's a good, improving rider. I'm just not sure he's capable of being a No1. 

I don't believe we have the strength at No1 & No5 some believe we have. 

39 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Ben Hopwood? Jesus Christ.

Almost as many resurrections.....still behind Jake Knight and Lewis Bridger though....

On 1/19/2022 at 11:39 AM, Bald Bloke said:

Around the AFA, yes i think he can beat some of them. He seems to love the place going on Sheffield's visits in 2021......

Holder 1 2 3 3 =9

Ellis 2 3 f =5

Josh 2 3 3 2 2 = 12.  chosen for HT 15 and finished 2nd to Lawson. 

Holder 3 3 3 3 0 = 12

Ellis 3 3 2 f = 8

Josh 3 3  2  2 3 =13  Won HT 15... Holder was last.

I know its only 2 meetings.  Put it with Lawsons HT 15 finishes  at home of  2+1,  0,    3,  2,  1+1,  3,   3,  2.  I think the Stars well do ok at the AFA myself in those heats.

Guess my glass is half full, and yours ??:blink:

Remarkably, the Stars were the only Prem team in 2021 NOT to concede a heat advantage in Heat 15!  They scored 2x 5-1, 3x 4-2 and 5x 3-3 results for an overall aggregate of 37-23 - the second best heat 15 record in the Prem (Sheffield 38-22, who scored 5x 5-1, but they conceded a 2-4 and a 1-5).  Heat 13 was also positive for KL: 2x 5-1, 5x 3-3 and 3x 2-4 for a 31-29 overall score.  It seems that getting off to poor starts was the Stars' big problem at home.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/19/2022 at 3:27 AM, Daniel Smith said:

Some ask even at home

Agree will struggle not at thier level,had a good season last year ,this season will be harder