British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

People always overlook this part of the rule. Surely we want PK to ride as much as possible elsewhere before NKI leaves.

I did tbh Baggy when i saw Daniel's post..And agree 100%, the more he rides the better. But stand by my fears for the whole season. If he does a full season and we stay away from to many injuries, i think we can make the top 4. I know theres only 6 in it but after last season;)

At least if Kildemand is back racing now he wont be coming back into the team with no racing behind him , his race fitness will also benefit 

Jack Thomas having an excellent debut for Oxford this evening. 

• Like 4

How times have changed i see there are no premier meetings on good Friday, i remember going to King,s Lynn v Ipswich in the morning, Ipswich v Lynn in the afternoon then Hackney v Ipswich in the evening 3 meetings in one day, now what have we got, Nothing. very sad.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TINYS said:

How times have changed i see there are no premier meetings on good Friday, i remember going to King,s Lynn v Ipswich in the morning, Ipswich v Lynn in the afternoon then Hackney v Ipswich in the evening 3 meetings in one day, now what have we got, Nothing. very sad.

Presume "not their race night", with it being a Friday? 

Only six clubs would be easily out voted too if they wanted to run...

16 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Presume "not their race night", with it being a Friday? 

Only six clubs would be easily out voted too if they wanted to run...

Also how many Championship teams are riding? Even if you count Poole riding on a different race night to normal. Would the Prem clubs have enough riders available? 

47 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Also how many Championship teams are riding? Even if you count Poole riding on a different race night to normal. Would the Prem clubs have enough riders available? 

Exactly...

One or the other these days....

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

All of them are riding apart from Plymouth.  And mpt Hans and Ben barker can’t guest today due to other commitments 

Plenty of Star's riders in action for their Camp clubs yesterday.

Richie 4 from 4 rides

Jack 4  from 4

Richard 13+2 from 5  (let Ben Cook through on the run in to the line in 2 races)

Josh 14  from 5

Lewi 15 from 5

Not to long to wait now for our first meeting:)

Spills for Worrall and Pickering this evening, hope they are both OK for Monday.

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Plenty of Star's riders in action for their Camp clubs yesterday.

Richie 4 from 4 rides

Jack 4  from 4

Richard 13+2 from 5  (let Ben Cook through on the run in to the line in 2 races)

Josh 14  from 5

Lewi 15 from 5

Not to long to wait now for our first meeting:)

Got love someone keeping their average down this early in the season! lol 

• Haha 1

On 4/4/2022 at 12:45 PM, Vicar said:

Hello,

I just read recent Speedway Star, section with season preview. In King's Lynn I found such a part:

image.png.d1b4b5a71ad020f5ad26404dc79ef20a.png

What is "Premiership: 2001" in there? At that time there was no Premiership. King's Lynn was riding in Elite League and didn't win it. I didn't find any competition they won that year.

Did they win the league cup or whatever it was back then???

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Got love someone keeping their average down this early in the season! lol 

I knew a rider doing this 20 years ago,it gives  them a better chance of getting a team place the following season,plus they don't lose any wages.Happy days.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Trees said:

So riders do get paid bonus points these days?

They must do ;)