British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

I'd have thought the idea of a number 8 would be to help cover R/R and the odd match that your RS will miss, for longer term injuries like broken bones you'd imagine that a replacement could be signed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Well Thomas is injured so you can sign another rider.It would be unfair where 5 teams can alternate their bottom two and we can't.So if you say Mulford is our rising star now you sign a number 8 and put him in the team if you have too.

I guess so .......

If King's Lynn are serious about wanting to win the league, they should approach Connor Bailey or Dan Thompson to become their RS. Not sure Belle Vue or Sheffield would be keen to let their riders go, but I imagine the riders would rather race every week than be a non-riding number 8! If their clubs won't release them Jason Edwards must be best option!

Tbh Mulford should go too, mainly because if Thomas had got injured just before the play-offs, Lynn would have to draft in number 8 Mulford, a rider who has only ridden in the NL for Belle Vue.

While using Mulford might be considered what the number 8 position should be used for, if you wanna win the league, should be looking at riders like Shanes or Clegg. These two may never make it to the top (Mulford could) but they'll score more in the Prem just now!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

Would they though? Both have experience but I'm not entirely sure they would score many unless Clegg was riding for us at Wolves.

Both have been around for years and are averaging five in the second division for a reason. I'd go for Edwards and possibly make him the 8 once Thomas is back for any Play Off meetings.

• Like 1

Would Stefan Nielsen qualify, as he was riding No 6 for Sheffield, before they dumped him for a rider that is probably no better?

18 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Would Stefan Nielsen qualify, as he was riding No 6 for Sheffield, before they dumped him for a rider that is probably no better?

Doubt it, as he wasn’t their RS? Connor Mountain is. 

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Doubt it, as he wasn’t their RS? Connor Mountain is. 

Fair enough thanks.

I'm getting a bit concerned that our season could slip away if we're not careful. I don't know how long TJ is out for yet, and Richard is a bit of a concern for me. His GSA is around 7.50, and he has dropped off dramatically this season. I know he had a blinder last season, and in a way was a bit of a risk. But  I was one who said he would be first on my team sheet for  this season. I don't know if or to what extent his knee might be affecting him but...

in 2021 Richard had 77 rides and won 30. So far this season he has had 29 rides and won 3. A concern if you have serious intentions of winning anything for me. I thought this team would breeze a play off place at the start of the season. I'm not so sure we will scrape 4th now. 

• Like 1

Understand what you are saying about Lawson but he is scoring well for Poole so I'm sure he'll sort himself out. As much as I dislike R/R I think it will cover for Jorgensen quite well so I wouldn't be quite so pessimistic on the back of an unfortunate home defeat. Lots of matches left to get in the top four and stay there.

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Understand what you are saying about Lawson but he is scoring well for Poole so I'm sure he'll sort himself out. As much as I dislike R/R I think it will cover for Jorgensen quite well so I wouldn't be quite so pessimistic on the back of an unfortunate home defeat. Lots of matches left to get in the top four and stay there.

Was the KL grippy vs Ipswich? I wonder with his knee injury if he needs a smooth and slightly slicker track? Not that I'm an expert in injury knee ligaments!!

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Was the KL grippy vs Ipswich? I wonder with his knee injury if he needs a smooth and slightly slicker track? Not that I'm an expert in injury knee ligaments!!

I read somewhere that he had a new engine which didn't perform well.

44 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Glad he tested it out at KL and not Poole then!:P

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

To be honest i've been a bit worried about his form long before Thursday's loss to Ippo. But it was after Thursdays meeting that i looked at his stats more closely and was shocked at his win ratio this season. Although i'm not in panic mode yet,i do think we will need him winning races again to get anywhere near winning anything. I'm sure he is doing all he can to put it right.:t:

49 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I was told that as well. It might of been the reason for Thursday's score.

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Glad he tested it out at KL and not Poole then!:P

You would need a different engine to ride at Lynn to the one you would ride at Poole,or at least you use to if you wanted to do well.I knew riders would just have an engine for the Lynn track.It is more slicker nowadays so probably not so much the case anymore.

• Like 1