British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

1 hour ago, mrss said:

It seem like Iversen has been stopped by polish ruling from riding for the Stars. Unless the management can find a decent replacement quickly, I would say that it’s season over .

Always slightly strange how he was allowed to in the first place once the initial cover ended and the other leagues started..

Was it the "job share" with Woffy that enabled it?

If so, what has changed? 

1 hour ago, mrss said:

It seem like Iversen has been stopped by polish ruling from riding for the Stars. Unless the management can find a decent replacement quickly, I would say that it’s season over .

If true that could make it interesting, with the Panthers in need as well.:blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

15 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Always slightly strange how he was allowed to in the first place once the initial cover ended and the other leagues started..

Was it the "job share" with Woffy that enabled it?

If so, what has changed? 

I should imagine the Poles noted that a couple of weeks ago NKI rode Monday England Tuesday Sweden Wednesday Denmark Thursday England and thought hello that`s Poland and 3 other NOT 2 - we are not having that !! and took action.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, tellboy said:

The Poles think they can pi$$ on everyone.Dont think they will be happy until they have ruined speedway in the UK,Denmark and Sweden.

After last season's disaster, i thought we might be able to do something this season. As it stands we're only  5 points ahead of the Panthers, who are  bottom and due to strengthen.. :angry:

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

After last season's disaster, i thought we might be able to do something this season. As it stands we're only  5 points ahead of the Panthers, who are  bottom and due to strengthen.. :angry:

The only saving grace is that panthers can only strengthen with the approval and funding of your owner :blink:

• Like 1

Assuming it's a 28 day ban (ie the next month as stated) then it's R/R or guests, not ideal but probably better than any signing who would be available. So not necessarily season over.

Losing Thomas is potentially a bigger blow though. 

I don't agree with the averages changing a week after they should do.But now Lynn have to use it if it can be done.Also only if R.Lambert is available come July.Can Lynn after next weeks match against Sheffield drop Lawson and bring in Lambert before the averages change.Then on the 1st of July bring Lawson back in for Iversen as it is looking like his average could fall below Iversen's.I know there is a rule about not being able to re-introduce a rider that has been dropped,although in the best interests could come into play:o.Problem is the likelehood is Lambert wouldn't be available anyway.R/R isn't good enough,guests rarely are too.

This is a huge blow to Lynn following on from the news of the injury to Jack Thomas.The play-offs at present look a million miles off.Thank you Poland.

13 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I don't agree with the averages changing a week after they should do.But now Lynn have to use it if it can be done.Also only if R.Lambert is available come July.Can Lynn after next weeks match against Sheffield drop Lawson and bring in Lambert before the averages change.Then on the 1st of July bring Lawson back in for Iversen as it is looking like his average could fall below Iversen's.I know there is a rule about not being able to re-introduce a rider that has been dropped,although in the best interests could come into play:o.Problem is the likelehood is Lambert wouldn't be available anyway.R/R isn't good enough,guests rarely are too.

This is a huge blow to Lynn following on from the news of the injury to Jack Thomas.The play-offs at present look a million miles off.Thank you Poland.

I just had a look... From Dale, “It’s a tough one for us at the moment, but we do believe and understand that this rule will be changed for next year."  Next year :blink:.

Time to get ruthless.. King's Lynn Pirates :P

image.jpeg.36d05188fc9e0cb54ade781cdbcf6ece.jpeg

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 2

Another example of the shambolic position the sport in GB finds itself in

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I should imagine the Poles noted that a couple of weeks ago NKI rode Monday England Tuesday Sweden Wednesday Denmark Thursday England and thought hello that`s Poland and 3 other NOT 2 - we are not having that !! and took action.

I would bet a couple quid you may be correct...

I remember thinking that "they may be pushing  it a bit" when him and Woffy were sharing...:D

The paymaster generals would have been "not amused" I would think..

59 minutes ago, wtf said:

The only saving grace is that panthers can only strengthen with the approval and funding of your owner :blink:

Maybe before printing off any contract for a rider to join Peterborough the team will just be deleted and replaced with Kings Lynn, hope the rider signing reads his contract first 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Another example of the shambolic position the sport in GB finds itself in

But you got to think of the positives that it will all change for the better in 2023  !!

In reality though   Not a chance !!!!!!

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

The Poles think they can pi$$ on everyone.Dont think they will be happy until they have ruined speedway in the UK,Denmark and Sweden.

Given the profile polish speedway has and the money involved then I don't blame them. 

It's not Poland's fault that UK speedway has been mismanaged for decades.

6 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Given the profile polish speedway has and the money involved then I don't blame them. 

It's not Poland's fault that UK speedway has been mismanaged for decades.

But if they bought down the demise of speedway in those countries,they must think where Polish speedway wil be in 20/30 years time.There won't be any Lamberts,Madsens,Lindgrens to pick.