British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

When Iversen was announced as staying at Kings Lynn for the season, it was said then that Iversen/Kings Lynn had either broke the league restrictions rules or been given some form of permission to do so. Iversen would of known the rules imposed by Poland when he signed up to ride in the league so it’s not really a big surprise or at least, it shouldn’t be.

It’s also not surprising that the Polish Fed and/or Lodz want to limit the amount of riding and travelling Iversen is doing. Lodz are trying to get into the play offs and will want Iversen to be as fit as possible. It is worth remembering albeit unlikely, that Iversen could of dropped Sweden or Denmark to ride in the UK still - so that shows you how far down the UK is on his pecking order. 

Hopefully Kildemand is wanting to ride here as he is just returning from injury. 

35 minutes ago, tellboy said:

But if they bought down the demise of speedway in those countries,they must think where Polish speedway wil be in 20/30 years time.There won't be any Lamberts,Madsens,Lindgrens to pick.

I can't comment on anything pre 89 because I didn't attend.

However 89 though to the mid 90s every team in the British & National leagues had a junior team. My club Ipswich had in effect a squad or 12 riders. These competitions gave track time to young riders but also those who couldn't commit to full seasons. Slowly they were scrapped & the promotors looked to overseas imports rather than development of British riders. Then as you move through the recent history of UK speedway we get to doubling up to try and combat rider shortage which has only led to more of a shortage.

I wish I knew the answer but the state of UK speedway is depressing and the let's keep doing the same thing over & over again even more so.

The poles have a business model which at the moment works & I suspect they will adapt moving forward, something the BSPA seem unable to do.

3 minutes ago, screm said:

Thanks Screm.

If it is only to the end of July we would manage with guests and RR, at a push, but not ideal. If it's for the rest of the season we're in the brown stuff, unless we can magic a decent rider out of thin air. I wish Jack a speedy, and in the mean time we have a replacement coming in.

Personally I can`t see how it can be right, possibly even legal, that a Polish Federation can recall a Danish rider and stop him racing in a UK league. Surely the rider has a say, maybe Poland is where NKI wants to race.

2 minutes ago, screm said:

Personally I can`t see how it can be right, possibly even legal, that a Polish Federation can recall a Danish rider and stop him racing in a UK league. Surely the rider has a say, maybe Poland is where NKI wants to race.

It's in the Polish contract that the riders signed so perfectly legal.

20 minutes ago, screm said:

Of course it's legal. If anything, Iversen has been riding illegally, breaking his Polish contract agreeing he won't participate in more than 3 leagues

Not surprised to hear the NKI news.

Lodz owner threw a temper tantrum recently over his club losing at Home to Landshut. 

Who's on the PZM board? because it sounds like Lukashenko & Putin considering how they tell people what they can and cant do in life. #DICTATORSHIP 

I didn't think Iversen had been doing that well this year?  Not a Lynn fan though so I wouldn't really know.

16 minutes ago, TTT said:

Not surprised to hear the NKI news.

Lodz owner threw a temper tantrum recently over his club losing at Home to Landshut. 

Who's on the PZM board? because it sounds like Lukashenko & Putin considering how they tell people what they can and cant do in life. #DICTATORSHIP 

Isn`t it funny how many riders have said over the last few years that the Polish rules are unfair and they are  not going to sign for teams and  ride there- answers on a postcard please !!

HE WHO PAYS THE PIPER CALLS THE TUNE 

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, screm said:

He could of course always drop his Polish club and then ride in as many divisions as he likes? Nahhhh thought not…

24 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I didn't think Iversen had been doing that well this year?  Not a Lynn fan though so I wouldn't really know.

He's been steady, averaging 7.48 up to now.

Every chance that Chris Harris will be on the phone offering his services.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, screm said:

Every chance that Chris Harris will be on the phone offering his services.

That bloke must have a big retirement fund:D