British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Restricting their earning potential :rofl:

They give the top boys the chance to earn the same per point as they would per meeting in the UK

All they are saying is that to qualify to be part of this you have to be fresh and available pretty much on demand (including for practice sessions)

Rider choice , not unreasonable employer demands

So have they changed their club practices from all the years riders rode 4 leagues?

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

But they only fight with any league because they want to cover all seven days of the week using the same riders..

Sweden and Denmark have the same challenges re Poland, but dont plan in seven days of racing as they couldnt make it work either as they too want to use the same riders..  

If you want to run Friday, Saturday and Sunday (absolutely the traditional best days for the entertainment sector), then not using Polish contracted riders would seem the logical thing to do if you want to run regularly with credibility, and also be in charge of your own business and destiny as not getting influenced by external factors..

To be fair, Sweden and Denmark have a different business model base on much fewer fixtures, so require fewer dates. when all is said and done, the Poles haven't said you can only ride in Poland, and therefore the UK is competing against Denmark and Sweden, not Poland.  The UK needs to be an attractive place to ride speedway if you want the best riders. If you ask the current riders what the UK has going for it, you'll find the responses are normally:

plus points:

Lots of meetings

No Squads

Variation of tracks

UK income

Minus points:

Less money

extra costs, equipment, bikes, mechanics etc

Poor tracks (quality of preparation)

More paperwork

If you want to attract the better riders, work on the Minus points, but not all riders want extra meetings and travel. 

Of the three GP riders over here now, they all have their reasons for choosing the UK over essentially Sweden. Many Danes have to ride Denmark to satisfy sponsors.

What they don't seem to understand is we are not competing with Poland. If we want better riders we are competing with Sweden, or Denmark

• Like 3

Why are we having to compete with Sweden and Denmark though,we shouldn't have too but with the Polish rule that has pushed the countries into having ro compete with each other.

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

To be fair, the Exstraliga barely interfere at all. We only have Doyle & Holder from that league. We're now fighting with eWinner 1 Liga which is still a better standard than the Premiership. 

There might also be the odd rider like Bewley who would do the UK as a third league if they were able but I don't think it would be many.

22 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Why are we having to compete with Sweden and Denmark though,we shouldn't have too but with the Polish rule that has pushed the countries into having ro compete with each other.

Nothing stops the UK making a similar rule to the Poles. Maybe we should have a rule that says if you ride in the UK you can't ride anywhere else?  Why can't the Poles do what is best for them?  Why should they prop up the joke that is UK speedway?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wtf said:

Nothing stops the UK making a similar rule to the Poles. Maybe we should have a rule that says if you ride in the UK you can't ride anywhere else?  Why can't the Poles do what is best for them?  Why should they prop up the joke that is UK speedway?

I just don't think people,riders in this case should be restricted from earning as much money as possible if they desire.

Never mind all the rules and regulations. What we need is some word from the Stars management, about who is going to replace Niels and Jack. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Never mind all the rules and regulations. What we need is some word from the Stars management, about who is going to replace Niels and Jack. 

The club say Jacks replacement should be in place by Thursday. Who it is, i ain't got a clue.

As for Niels, It will be RR or a guest from either BV or Wolves i guess.

Every wolves rider apart from Masters fits, and anyone from BV apart from Fricke and Kurtz. Zagar fits with the +5% for guests, but he won't be cheap and might not want it/busy elsewhere.

RR is probably the way they will go imho.

49 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The club say Jacks replacement should be in place by Thursday. Who it is, i ain't got a clue.

As for Niels, It will be RR or a guest from either BV or Wolves i guess.

Every wolves rider apart from Masters fits, and anyone from BV apart from Fricke and Kurtz. Zagar fits with the +5% for guests, but he won't be cheap and might not want it/busy elsewhere.

RR is probably the way they will go imho.

Hmm, rider replacement is all well and good until someone else picks up an injury during the meeting. So if they are going down that route they should have the no8 there imo. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmm, rider replacement is all well and good until someone else picks up an injury during the meeting. So if they are going down that route they should have the no8 there imo. 

Agree, guests reduce credibility even further but you'd always prefer one to R/R. As for the number 8, I assume its compulsory this year with everyone having a permanent one for him to be present when using R/R.

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Agree, guests reduce credibility even further but you'd always prefer one to R/R. As for the number 8, I assume its compulsory this year with everyone having a permanent one for him to be present when using R/R.

Don't know whether Ipswich had a No8 there last week when it was R/R for Starke,as Rowe has buggered off.

37 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I agree Lisa, although i did say that i think it's they way they will go, not myself ;). The Stars need to  win this. If the Panthers win tomorrow (Mon) that will put the 2 points behind us going into the Sheffield meeting on Thursday. I would try for Zagar, but the cheapest will probably be RR, and that's what i think Alex will do.

38 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I agree Lisa, although i did say that i think it's they way they will go, not myself ;). The Stars need to  win this. If the Panthers win tomorrow (Mon) that will put the 2 points behind us going into the Sheffield meeting on Thursday. I would try for Zagar, but the cheapest will probably be RR, and that's what i think Alex will do.

Zagar doesn't fit,his average changes tomorrow.

Don't you have to go R/R anyway unless it's your No1 missing for which you can use a guest,or you have 2 riders out like last week so you can have a guest and R/R which ever away round you want to use it.It use to be a rule.Can't be asked to look tonight,back to work tomorrow:cry:

18 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Zagar doesn't fit,his average changes tomorrow.

Don't you have to go R/R anyway unless it's your No1 missing for which you can use a guest,or you have 2 riders out like last week so you can have a guest and R/R which ever away round you want to use it.It use to be a rule.Can't be asked to look tonight,back to work tomorrow:cry:

Can have guest for 1-3 in averages.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wtf said:

Because you would lose even more riders and create an even bigger problem with rider shortages.

You would lose I expect Fricke, Zagar, Holder, Musielak, Doyle, Riss, Masters, Pickering, Kurtz, Ellis, Morris, Becker, Bloedorn etc. That’s a lot of riders to replace all of a sudden plus the cut off to bring in new or returning riders too.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1