British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

The ruthless in me (and i think it's time we we're tbh,) see's it like this. I know it will seem harsh to some..

If Wolves beat the Panthers on Monday 27th at Monmore, and the Panthers beat us on the 4th July at the Showground, we will be bottom and 10 points off of Wolves in 4th with no NKI. 

If NKI isn't/can't come back, we need to do something otherwise 4th will be gone imho. Not picking on any rider here, I know TJ is inconsistent, and might need a fresh start elsewhere, but this is purely a points thing.

Our GSA effective 23/06 has the team is on 39.29. With Puk on 7.33, so we would have 7.04 to fill his place as we are 0.29 over. Not great :blink:

Richards GSA is 7.84.:o but he is averaging 5.88 this season so far. So it's replace with.. NKI  7.03 or Nki + Richard gives you 15.22 for 2 places. You could change him for TJ, depending on the 2 riders you bring in, but he is doing his average. I think Lawson is the better rider, but i've  used him because of the 7.84 GSA he has.

I know it's if's and buts, depending on any rider we might be able to get in. It's quiet on here so thought it might cause a debate.:D

35 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The ruthless in me (and i think it's time we we're tbh,) see's it like this. I know it will seem harsh to some..

If Wolves beat the Panthers on Monday 27th at Monmore, and the Panthers beat us on the 4th July at the Showground, we will be bottom and 10 points off of Wolves in 4th with no NKI. 

If NKI isn't/can't come back, we need to do something otherwise 4th will be gone imho. Not picking on any rider here, I know TJ is inconsistent, and might need a fresh start elsewhere, but this is purely a points thing.

Our GSA effective 23/06 has the team is on 39.29. With Puk on 7.33, so we would have 7.04 to fill his place as we are 0.29 over. Not great :blink:

Richards GSA is 7.84.:o but he is averaging 5.88 this season so far. So it's replace with.. NKI  7.03 or Nki + Richard gives you 15.22 for 2 places. You could change him for TJ, depending on the 2 riders you bring in, but he is doing his average. I think Lawson is the better rider, but i've  used him because of the 7.84 GSA he has.

I know it's if's and buts, depending on any rider we might be able to get in. It's quiet on here so thought it might cause a debate.:D

Thought i would bring this over here too:D

That GSA is only effective until the end of the month BB.It has only incorporated the change of J.Edwards.

Iversens average will go up to 7.58 come July as Lawsons will come down to 7.32,that's if Thursday's meeting is included which i think the 23rd is the cut off date each month.Team average should fall to 38.82.Iversen could then be replaced by R.Lambert,i'm getting my cheque book out already

12 minutes ago, tellboy said:

That GSA is only effective until the end of the month BB.It has only incorporated the change of J.Edwards.

Iversens average will go up to 7.58 come July as Lawsons will come down to 7.32,that's if Thursday's meeting is included which i think the 23rd is the cut off date each month.Team average should fall to 38.82.Iversen could then be replaced by R.Lambert,i'm getting my cheque book out already

Bloody hell :oops:. I wrote it and posted on the other tread, then thought it was better placed on this one. I thought i deleted the other one... And no i ain't touched a drop today.... Not until 7 :P.. I would happily keep RL if we could do that as a single change.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Team GSA's are irrelevant if replacing a single rider unless the rider is under the total team average. We can use whatever average Iversen has for a replacement. 

Edited by Daniel Smith

Need to find a permanent replacement for Iversen before the next meeting at Peterborough,and replace Jorgensen or Kerr with Sedgeman.

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Team GSA's are irrelevant if replacing a single rider unless the rider is under the total team average. We can use whatever average Iversen has for a replacement. 

If just replacing Iversen you may as well wait until July.You will have a better average to play with.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mrss said:

Need to find a permanent replacement for Iversen before the next meeting at Peterborough,and replace Jorgensen or Kerr with Sedgeman.

That's not a change i would do. I don't think it would us any stronger.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mrss said:

Agreed, definitely need a replacement before next match for NKI. Not sure who is out there that would be a suitable replacement though

King's Lynn are best to run guests & R/R. 

Of course it's a risk but there are no suitable rider's available to come in as a genuine 7+ rider. 

Any replacement will significantly weaken the team. That's why this talk of replacing Lawson is also absurd. 

34 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Agreed, definitely need a replacement before next match for NKI. Not sure who is out there that would be a suitable replacement though

Might well be RR as no  guests  are available on the night. I'd be very surprised, if we can get anyone in by then. 

As i said in a earlier post, if Wolves beat the Panthers tomorrow, and the Panthers beat us on the 4th, we will be bottom and 10 points off of  Wolves in 4th . If that does happen, then i think we're in trouble already..

1 hour ago, kelvinht said:

That's the problem, who is there? Surely all the riders who want to race here are here??

43 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

King's Lynn are best to run guests & R/R. 

Of course it's a risk but there are no suitable rider's available to come in as a genuine 7+ rider. 

Any replacement will significantly weaken the team. That's why this talk of replacing Lawson is also absurd. 

I know riders are hard to come by. I just threw Lawson's name out there because he sits on 7.84 as of now, but averaging 5.88 so far this season. But there's more to it than that.... Last season he won the most races by a country mile for us. 77 rides and 30 wins. So far this season he has won 4 in 34 races, and everyone has won more races  apart from our number 7.  That's a massive drop off. We need to be winning more races.

On 6/25/2022 at 6:30 PM, tellboy said:

Those averages for Iversen & Lawson are based on their last 18 matches. For July the rolling averages will be for their last 16 matches, so will change a little!

21 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I know riders are hard to come by. I just threw Lawson's name out there because he sits on 7.84 as of now, but averaging 5.88 so far this season. But there's more to it than that.... Last season he won the most races by a country mile for us. 77 rides and 30 wins. So far this season he has won 4 in 34 races, and everyone has won more races  apart from our number 7.  That's a massive drop off. We need to be winning more races.

Forget last season, the team was s#¡+ and Lawson's average was inflated because of it. Iversen & Pickering are better than him so he was bound to not bag as many heat wins. 

Even on his current 5+, name an available rider that would come in & be better? Between 6-7 is Lawson's level. 

Pretty much every team is in the mud if any rider over 6 ave gets injured, because those replacements are just not there.

This team will work but Worrall, Kerr & Jorgensen are the one's that need to be more consistent & Pickering needs to be much better away. 

We just can't replace 7+ rider's sufficiently, we try to do that the season is done.