British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

11 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Those averages for Iversen & Lawson are based on their last 18 matches. For July the rolling averages will be for their last 16 matches, so will change a little!

I could see Lawson's average being a little lower then,i would have thought another couple of biggish scores will drop off.Unsure on Iversen.

whatever happened to kildemand? Why wouldn’t he be able to fit into the team, like he was at the start of the season? or is he still injured…

1 minute ago, ohdannyboy said:

whatever happened to kildemand? Why wouldn’t he be able to fit into the team, like he was at the start of the season? or is he still injured…

Nothing stopping him coming in, he'd make the team significantly worse though

17 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Forget last season, the team was s#¡+ and Lawson's average was inflated because of it. Iversen & Pickering are better than him so he was bound to not bag as many heat wins

Even on his current 5+, name an available rider that would come in & be better? Between 6-7 is Lawson's level. 

Pretty much every team is in the mud if any rider over 6 ave gets injured, because those replacements are just not there.

This team will work but Worrall, Kerr & Jorgensen are the one's that need to be more consistent & Pickering needs to be much better away. 

We just can't replace 7+ rider's sufficiently, we try to do that the season is done. 

His average may well of been inflated a bit. But he was winning races against other teams top riders on a regular basis last season and they didn't all have sh$t teams/riders .This season he isn't. You can't tell me he has gone for 30 wins in 77 last season, to 4 wins in 34 so far this season due to the fact we have Niels and Josh.  He was beating that quality of rider last season.. It will make a bit of a difference, but not to that extent. I presume you watched him both this season and last ??.  For whatever reason he doesn't look as sharp/fast as he did last season. We just have different opinions as to why Richard has dropped off so much. Yes he's not the only one who needs to improve, i agree. When has TJ and Lewi been consistent, will they start now? Josh's away ave is poor i agree. 

Maybe  Niels and Josh have put a curse on him this season:P

141 Voodoo Dolls Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from Dreamstime

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

What makes Lawson's contribution even more impressive last season is that he was in a dreadful team, if you are losing every week motivation can be very difficult. 

Makes you wonder if his knee injury affects him more than he is letting on as he started the season very well. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

What makes Lawson's contribution even more impressive last season is that he was in a dreadful team, if you are losing every week motivation can be very difficult. 

Makes you wonder if his knee injury affects him more than he is letting on as he started the season very well. 

If Dan had watched the Stars last season and this one so far, he would see the drop off isn't due to Niels and Josh.

I like Richard and hope he gets back to winning races for us again on a more regular basis this season.

Whatever happens i'll be there cheering the lads on every week regardless.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Not sure I'd go with that as he's smashing it for Poole

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

If Dan had watched the Stars last season and this one so far, he would see the drop off isn't due to Niels and Josh.

I like Richard and hope he gets back to winning races for us again on a more regular basis this season.

Whatever happens i'll be there cheering the lads on every week regardless.

Look at last season's heatleaders & this

2021-

• Belle Vue - Bewley / Kurtz / S. Worrall
  • Ipswich - King / Cook / Crump
  • King's Lynn - Lawson / Jorgensen / Riss
  • P'boro - Toft / Ostergaard / Harris
  • Sheffield - Holder / Ellis / Pickering
  • Wolves - Masters / Schein / Morris

• Belle Vue - Fricke / Kurtz / Zagar
  • Ipswich - Doyle / King / Batchelor
  • King's Lynn - Lawson / Iversen / Pickering
  • P'boro - Toft / Harris / Ostergaard
  • Sheffield - Holder / Ellis / Musielak
  • Wolves - Masters / Douglas / Morris

As you can see, apart from P'boro & Wolves every other teams heatleader positions have strengthened significantly over 2021. Of course, I'm not seeing races through 'the eye test' but I feel he's being harshly spoken about considering he's got harder competition, even within his own teammates in heats. He's now got rider's who can outgate, outsmart & faster than him now. 

• Like 2

On 6/26/2022 at 6:03 PM, Bald Bloke said:

That's not a change i would do. I don't think it would us any stronger.

Sedgeman doing well tonight guesting for Sheffield.

19 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Not sure I'd go with that as he's smashing it for Poole

Look at last season's heatleaders & this

2021-

• Belle Vue - Bewley / Kurtz / S. Worrall
  • Ipswich - King / Cook / Crump
  • King's Lynn - Lawson / Jorgensen / Riss
  • P'boro - Toft / Ostergaard / Harris
  • Sheffield - Holder / Ellis / Pickering
  • Wolves - Masters / Schein / Morris

• Belle Vue - Fricke / Kurtz / Zagar
  • Ipswich - Doyle / King / Batchelor
  • King's Lynn - Lawson / Iversen / Pickering
  • P'boro - Toft / Harris / Ostergaard
  • Sheffield - Holder / Ellis / Musielak
  • Wolves - Masters / Douglas / Morris

As you can see, apart from P'boro & Wolves every other teams heatleader positions have strengthened significantly over 2021. Of course, I'm not seeing races through 'the eye test' but I feel he's being harshly spoken about considering he's got harder competition, even within his own teammates in heats. He's now got rider's who can outgate, outsmart & faster than him now. 

I have nothing against him. It's just that he has dropped off the most from last season, and the significant Improvement in the heat leader positions affects every rider in the league. I think out of the 30 riders in the Prem that ride in the 1-5, there's only 2 riders that have won less than Richard..  And they are all riding with better riders....Will will see if he can pick it up in the 2nd half of the season. I'm getting bored of this one now. We can agree to disagree on this one.

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Sedgeman doing well tonight guesting for Sheffield.

We've seen Sedgemen start seasons well and then tail off before but based on tonight's evidence and his scores for Brum he could quite possibly strengthen our second string department.

33 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

We've seen Sedgemen start seasons well and then tail off before but based on tonight's evidence and his scores for Brum he could quite possibly strengthen our second string department.

I wouldnt be surprised if he replaces Allen now at Sheffield full time

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think he would strengthen anyone the way he is riding. 

Lawson's form seems to dip when hes at #1 almost as if he doesn't want to be there really , hes more happy being 3 or 5

Edited by scoobydoo

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Lawson's form seems to dip when hes at #1 almost as if he doesn't want to be there really , hes more happy being 3 or 5

Yeah he's not a number 1. Much more suited to 3 or 5.  

The new averages  from July 1st are:

NKI 7.59

Pickering 7.21

Lawson7.02

Worrall 5.80

Kerr 5.61

Jorgensen 5.47

Total 38.70

Huge problem for Lynn now imo is that Jorgensen goes to reserve.I really do think maybe a double change is needed now obviously NKI needs to be replaced,but with Jorgensen going to reserve i think he made need replacing too.We no longer have a good No6,but we have gone from that to nearly the worst one,he should be ahead of Kemp but on par with Allen,Riss and Etheridge and definitely behind Basso.

Another season of woes maybe?