Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Haza said:

Well it’s all history now - the main thing is the club doesn’t make the same mistakes for the coming season . Definitely think Lynn fans deserve a good team after watching our closest rivals be crowned champions last night and with Alitt in his panthers hoodie in the photos and on tv that really sticks in my throat .Only in speedway would this happen it’s like the Norwich city manager being in the dug out at an Ipswich Town game wearing an Ipswich shirt .

Or Delia Smith with her blue and white rosette before the FA Cup final all those years ago :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Haza said:

Of course it’s anyones title never said it wasn’t - I can hear the bleating now out of Pboro had Lynn won the title and Pboro finished bottom so why would be any different for  some Lynn fans ? - definitely Buster saved Pboro from closing and the last thing anyone wants is clubs to close . 

 

26 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

That’s not correct, had Keith Chapman not bought the Club after the 2018 season Ged and I would have continued running it, it would not have closed and was never in danger of closing under Ged’s stewardship. 

Perhaps more accurate had Haza have said the purchase stopped the top flight from closing rather than Peterborough......??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

 

Perhaps more accurate had Haza have said the purchase stopped the top flight from closing rather than Peterborough......??

Is that correct Neil Watson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrss said:

People can say Dale Allitt was entitled to celebrate, but it really pissed me off seeing it on tv. He always made out he is a Kings Lynn Stars man. I was cheering Belle Vue, because as a Stars fan ,I hate to see our local rivals do well.

As a Lynn fan i actually wanted Peterborough to win.But Allitt celebrating really pissed me off too,as you say he has stated quite a few times that he is a Stars man.He does talk plenty of bull.The Peterborough fans have all this to look forward to if he remains there.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tellboy said:

As a Lynn fan i actually wanted Peterborough to win.But Allitt celebrating really pissed me off too,as you say he has stated quite a few times that he is a Stars man.He does talk plenty of bull.The Peterborough fans have all this to look forward to if he remains there.

What exactly does Allitt do within the club(s) even last night he always looks scruffy, 

Peterborough winning the league MIGHT make the club a more sellable prospect to someone , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

That’s not correct, had Keith Chapman not bought the Club after the 2018 season Ged and I would have continued running it, it would not have closed and was never in danger of closing under Ged’s stewardship. 

Pity Ged didn’t then  it saved a lot of aggravation- would have been interesting to see just where Pboro would have been today celebrating a title or not ? My bet not 

Edited by Haza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Haza said:

Pity Ged didn’t then  it saved a lot of aggravation- would have been interesting to see just where Pboro would have been today celebrating a title or not ? My bet not 

Difficult to follow your post, but I don’t see why we couldn’t have won a league title - we always put an attractive and successful team on track.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

What exactly does Allitt do within the club(s) even last night he always looks scruffy, 

Peterborough winning the league MIGHT make the club a more sellable prospect to someone , 

Dale is a licensed Promoter at Kings Lynn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Dale is a licensed Promoter at Kings Lynn.

Maybe he should stick to doing that there is plenty for him to sort out at Kings Lynn ahead of next season building a competitive team for starters . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Haza said:

Maybe he should stick to doing that there is plenty for him to sort out at Kings Lynn ahead of next season building a competitive team for starters . 

If those who run the sport are happy to celebrate 'other teams' success as if it was their own, then it shows, when you add in the constant sharing of riders at any given moment, that there really isnt any rivalry at all is there? 

No wonder many fans, mainstream media, and major potential sponsors, dont treat it as a serious team sport, given the plethora of evidence to the contrary laid bare in front of them all the time.. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps next year as the Premiership and Championship are more or less the same standard and use the same riders, could run one of KL or Peterborough in either league and use the same riders for both ? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed think Dale should make a statement personally, pathetic from someone that is apparently Kings Lynn through and through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gazzac said:

Perhaps next year as the Premiership and Championship are more or less the same standard and use the same riders, could run one of KL or Peterborough in either league and use the same riders for both ? :rolleyes:

But they're not the same standard at all. Just a peruse over the averages for riders in both leagues will tell you that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, therefused said:

Agreed think Dale should make a statement personally, pathetic from someone that is apparently Kings Lynn through and through.

Sounds a bit of a glory hunter,:t:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

But they're not the same standard at all. Just a peruse over the averages for riders in both leagues will tell you that. 

I did say it with it with a smiley face and tongue in cheek, but was a jibe at the 2 leagues being too close together really. Not likely to change as the top riders won't or can't ride here, and doubling up/down will always keep it as it is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy