British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

55 minutes ago, Bunce said:

I agree. I much preferred it when Lynn were in the lower league. A much greater selection of clubs and riders, rather than the same old faces week after week. The "Premier" league is anything but, with dozens of riders doubling up, so it makes a mockery of the whole concept. Think back a few years when we had riders like Tony Rickardsson, Jason Crump, Leigh Adams, and Nicki Pedersen in the team, and more recently Robert Lambert. Riders of that quality don't want to ride here now, so we must accept that and move on. What the future holds, I don't know, but with the news of Clubs not running such as Swindon, Eastbourne and now Kent, I fear for the future of the sport. We frequently discuss the merits of "One big League" on this forum, and each year it is put on the back burner, but what happens if another Premier league Club withdraws before the start of next season? What if Buster goes through with his threat of selling Kings Lynn and Peterborough, and the new owners (if there are any) don't or can't afford to run in the top league?  Food for thought perhaps.

Don't think Buster will sell it was just a spur of the moment reaction on the night he probably realises that now.

I watched the play final last night Glasgow v Poole  via the Glasgow stream it cost £11.95 to view enjoyable meeting it was the first time I’d used the service while watching it I thought it is a great way to generate more income for clubs of that £11.95 couldn’t say how much is profit but all I do no without the stream Glasgow speedway would have got £0 from me last night - so why doesn’t more clubs stream meetings for a fee ? Seems to me £11.95 is better than nothing and with an ageing fan base watching from home could be a good alternative to generate income . Well done Glasgow speedway for a great service . 

• Like 1

All clubs need to be doing it really although I like the way Edinburgh organise theirs, you have to live outside a certain radius to be able to purchase their stream so as not to put off local regulars from going. Lynn are slightly different too in that bar and food outlet sales are a big part of the income so I'd imagine anything that might compromise that would have to be carefully considered. It might also put off away supporters but in general its a good thing and could save the sport if done properly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

All clubs need to be doing it really although I like the way Edinburgh organise theirs, you have to live outside a certain radius to be able to purchase their stream so as not to put off local regulars from going. Lynn are slightly different too in that bar and food outlet sales are a big part of the income so I'd imagine anything that might compromise that would have to be carefully considered. It might also put off away supporters but in general its a good thing and could save the sport if done properly.

Maybe charge a £1 more if you live within a certain radius? yes food outlets is another thing to consider obviously- but £11.95 is better than nothing - it’s definitely something that all clubs should consider- it’s the first time I’ve ever paid for a stream I didn’t no Edinburgh streamed meetings as well . 

I've suggested before that the streaming service should come from the BSPL and call it SGBTV

A monthly subscription say £6.99 if 200 fans per club subscribed it could generate over £268k

It could have stuff like

1 x premiership meeting

3 x championship meetings 

Replays of old classic meetings

Rider interviews

Rider Documentaries

Technical Insights

You either watch live or download the add ons like interviews, for £6.99 that's a good offering 

If you dont want to subscribe one off live meetings could cost £11.95

Meetings like the British Final, Cup Finals etc could be a one off PPV of £9.99 or similar 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I've suggested before that the streaming service should come from the BSPL and call it SGBTV

A monthly subscription say £6.99 if 200 fans per club subscribed it could generate over £268k

It could have stuff like

1 x premiership meeting

Rider interviews

Rider Documentaries

Technical Insights

You either watch live or download the add ons like interviews, for £6.99 that's a good offering 

Meetings like the British Final, Cup Finals etc could be a one off PPV of £9.99 or similar 

Sounds ideal to me - thinking outside the box is definitely what’s needed - but it’s British speedway so definitely won’t happen.

Edited by Haza

41 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

It could have stuff like

1 x premiership meeting

Rider interviews

Rider Documentaries

Technical Insights

You can forget it until 2025 at least- British Speedway in case you have forgotten has a contract with Eurosport.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

You can forget it until 2025 at least- British Speedway in case you have forgotten has a contract with Eurosport.

It sure does but British Superbikes does as well but still shown on ITV4 or at least it was, same with football shown across multiple platforms as well as streamed on Amazon Prime

As long as the Eurosport deal for meetings is not touched then it should be am option

Personally I think the stream channel wins long term and you can bring more revenue into the sport.

I'd pay £6.99 and would happily pay £11.95 to watch selected meetings, I would say one or two meetings per month I'd pay the extra as I would normally go to Foxhall so that's £100 spent on Speedway 

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Bit harsh on those who may want to attend Edinburgh meetings but live in the radius restriction but cant due to there own health or family caring responsibilities ,  its stopping them from continuing to watch the sport they may of been attending for many years , if the person being stopped from watching is disabled it could easily be taken as a form of discrimination .

10 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Bit harsh on those who may want to attend Edinburgh meetings but live in the radius restriction but cant due to there own health or family caring responsibilities ,  its stopping them from continuing to watch the sport they may of been attending for many years , if the person being stopped from watching is disabled it could easily be taken as a form of discrimination .

That’s very true - the original point I was making live streaming meetings could be a great way of earning clubs extra income . As I say £11.95 is better than £0 - speedway definitely needs to think of new ways to earn income it could stop fans attending meetings especially if the weather was iffy I guess . 
New ideas is what’s needed rather than tired and failing system .

58 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Use VPN & know someone else's address 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Use VPN & know someone else's address 

True but then you will have the attend speedway or lose it police after you on here .

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I believe you can still buy the stream on EMTV if you're within the radius by contacting the promotion directly and explaining your circumstances. 

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

You can email the club if within 25 mile radius and can’t make the meeting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

True but then you will have the attend speedway or lose it police after you on here .

That argument is all well and good - some criticism aimed at me from certain people because I don’t attend on a regular basis . But you wouldn’t go in a restaurant and eat a meal every week if the meal wasnt hot or cooked properly- and someone on the next table shouts use it or lose the restaurant- so why would I attend each meeting if I’m not happy with what’s on show ? The bit British speedway fails to sort out is why people don’t attend each meeting or have stopped going altogether the powers at be seem uninterested on that group of people they should be asking why they’ve stopped going and try to change things . 

• Like 3