British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

3 minutes ago, Haza said:

Definitely new faces are needed for 2022 no good picking your mates that’s failed this season surely a different approach is needed  and new blood needed - that’s said Lawson is a good signing but along with Mountain if he does come back that is  I’d left it there bringing  this seasons riders back 

Tbh I’d probably have Andersen back aswell he’s not done too bad since rejoining  but agree Definately new faces need bringing in 

• Like 1

Jorgensen has had a pretty good season and is the most watchable rider round Lynn, whether you agree with him returning or not it was pretty clear he was coming back.

I actually think this team is only one or two changes away from being half decent, performances have been vastly improved once they eventually got to the current septet and changed the TM.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Jorgensen has had a pretty good season and is the most watchable rider round Lynn, whether you agree with him returning or not it was pretty clear he was coming back.

I actually think this team is only one or two changes away from being half decent, performances have been vastly improved once they eventually got to the current septet and changed the TM.

Agreed.

Having Lawson at 5, Jorgensen at 3, Kerr at 4, if you can find a number 1 and a decent reserve, won't go far wrong IMO.

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The change of team manager seems to have worked wonders -just think the team needs freshening up it’s no good keep going with the same old mates Riss is surely gone for one . 

10 minutes ago, Haza said:

The change of team manager seems to have worked wonders -just think the team needs freshening up it’s no good keep going with the same old mates Riss is surely gone for one . 

Riss has been incredibly disappointing this year. If it was up to me I'd find upgrades for him and Barker and keep the others, assuming Mountain still qualifies at number seven.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lurcher said:

I can see a Riss/MPT swap with Panthers

See I like Riss, I'm sure he may get the chance to write his name into panthers history in the coming weeks as he's nailed on to guest in the play offs imo.

He won't however replace MPT unless the numbers don't fit 

Edited by Flappy

Barker could be a solid No2 tbf. His inclusion has also improved us home & away. The big calls are finding a genuine No1, and the strength of the 'Rising Star' is massive. Get these wrong again & it's bottom of the table again. 

30 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Barker could be a solid No2 tbf. His inclusion has also improved us home & away. The big calls are finding a genuine No1, and the strength of the 'Rising Star' is massive. Get these wrong again & it's bottom of the table again. 

Nah. Would be a good reserve if the averages work out. I think Lawson will be our number 1. Signed already, along with TJ

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Riss has been incredibly disappointing this year. If it was up to me I'd find upgrades for him and Barker and keep the others, assuming Mountain still qualifies at number seven.

Mountain should qualify, he's only just turned 24.

I digested the signings now tonight think Lawson is worth a gamble even though he's on a highish average now.

Jorgensen should move on now good at home poor away same as previous seasons 

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 9:29 AM, mrss said:

Lawson should be first name on team sheet for Stars next season , then Jorgensen, and Kasper. 

building another Championship side are we ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Palm-Toft, Lawson with one from Bjerre, Iversen, Doyle or Thorsell.

Jorgensen and Kerr at 2 & 4

If it is 2 rising stars Mountain and that young lad you signed up earlier this season (he hasn't made any appearances yet but his name escapes me) 

If you compare that side to a potential witches side

King, Klindt, Cook

Crump, Hansen (Starke)

Rowe, Kemp

51 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Palm-Toft, Lawson with one from Bjerre, Iversen, Doyle or Thorsell.

Jorgensen and Kerr at 2 & 4

If it is 2 rising stars Mountain and that young lad you signed up earlier this season (he hasn't made any appearances yet but his name escapes me) 

If you compare that side to a potential witches side

King, Klindt, Cook

Crump, Hansen (Starke)

Rowe, Kemp

You wouldn't be able to fit all those in at Lynn with the current rules.Unless they keep the team pts limit the same for the top 5 instead of 6 then maybe it can be done.But I wouldn't mind betting if they go to 2 rising stars next year the team points limit will come down to between 30 and 32 for the top 5.

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Nah. Would be a good reserve if the averages work out. I think Lawson will be our number 1. Signed already, along with TJ

Won't be a reserve, as its 2 rising stars next season