British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

I'm not a big fan of Kildemind, I think he has a horrible style & on a grippy track he could come unstuck. He doe's tend to use other riders for brakes when he enters a turn too fast & is known to take a death slide if anyone comes underneath him. But all that said he can make a trap & win races.

This KL team is built not to score any zeros other than Thomas. I can see Lynn recording a lot of 3 - 3 scores home & away. You only need a single heat advantage to take a win.

Having a rider of Jason Doyles undoubted skills lead your team is fantastic but he can only score 3 points in each race he's in & if his partner is last then there is little to gain. The KL team is built solid & if they stay healthy they should make the play offs in 22.

44 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Really?? Kildemand is the only 'out side the box' signing. 

Jorgensen, Lawson & Kerr sorted last season. Pickering & R.Worrall released from their clubs & King's Lynn their only other options available, rather than King's Lynn poaching. Thomas a local lad.

Don't see any 'thinking put in to it' at all

So now your saying Kildemand is the only 'outside the box' signing.Is that the only positive signing then in your book?

Although i wasn't too pleased when Jorgensen signed,primarily because his scores away are awful.But he is good to watch at home.Kildemand imo opinion is another rider who i like to see race as he is all effort.And after watching Pickering last year another similar rider.Those 3 alone should make the speedway worth watching around Lynn.

Do you know Pickering and Worrall had no other options apart from Lynn?I don't know whether you do.

You still have this beef with King's Lynn like you have for several years.

I don't agree with everything Lynn or the management do,but i don't disagree with pretty much everything they do like you because you have a grudge.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Jorgensen, Lawson & Kerr sorted last season. Pickering & R.Worrall released from their clubs & King's Lynn their only other options available, rather than King's Lynn poaching. Thomas a local lad.

A lot of Sheffield fans wanted Pickering back, he scored well at Lynn last season and I imagine Sheffield would have probably wanted him back. Team is solid compared to last year, i think the team could lineup with the top 7 GP riders and you still would find something to complain about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

So now your saying Kildemand is the only 'outside the box' signing.Is that the only positive signing then in your book?

Although i wasn't too pleased when Jorgensen signed,primarily because his scores away are awful.But he is good to watch at home.Kildemand imo opinion is another rider who i like to see race as he is all effort.And after watching Pickering last year another similar rider.Those 3 alone should make the speedway worth watching around Lynn.

Do you know Pickering and Worrall had no other options apart from Lynn?I don't know whether you do.

You still have this beef with King's Lynn like you have for several years.

I don't agree with everything Lynn or the management do,but i don't disagree with pretty much everything they do like you because you have a grudge.

I haven't criticised the team or the club. You've chosen to read it that way. 

My point was that there hasn't been any real thought needed to put this team together. 

3 rider's signed last season, 2 released by their club rather than 'wanting' to be at King's Lynn & a young local lad. 

Kildemand is the only 'outside the box' because no fan would've picked him. Now he's here I hope he does well but he's been absolutely awful for a while now. 

Pickering can be a great signing, the team could be solid but compared to the others (on paper of couse) we're looking like ending up bottom of the league again. 

31 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I haven't criticised the team or the club. You've chosen to read it that way. 

My point was that there hasn't been any real thought needed to put this team together. 

3 rider's signed last season, 2 released by their club rather than 'wanting' to be at King's Lynn & a young local lad. 

Kildemand is the only 'outside the box' because no fan would've picked him. Now he's here I hope he does well but he's been absolutely awful for a while now. 

Pickering can be a great signing, the team could be solid but compared to the others (on paper of couse) we're looking like ending up bottom of the league again. 

Most people read what you say about Lynn as negative towards them,but this is how most peoples brains are wired first and foremost it's a negative thought.

I would still like to know how you think King's Lynn was the only option for Pickering and Worrall.

Would have had Mountain at R/S but Sheffield pay more.Don't blame Buster for sticking to a budget.

I think there has been plenty of thought put into this team, they've built it to always have a strong reserve, they went out and signed the best visiting rider from last season and they've brought a rider back to the UK who has been absent for a few seasons. And in those two they have signed two all action riders to increase the liklihood of good racing.

There is obviously once again a strict budget but certainly no lack of thought, the question as always is will the riders be good enough. On paper we probably look 6th best but much closer to the other teams than last year when we started with massive risks in Bridger, Proctor and Kinsley. No reason if things click that we can't get into the Play Offs and from there who knows?

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Oh i see. Looks like we have all the left overs again then :lol:

19 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Most people read what you say about Lynn as negative towards them,but this is how most peoples brains are wired first and foremost it's a negative thought.

I would still like to know how you think King's Lynn was the only option for Pickering and Worrall.

Would have had Mountain at R/S but Sheffield pay more.Don't blame Buster for sticking to a budget.

Again, I haven't criticised the club, and every club should play to a budget, nothing wrong with doing that. 

I've said it before, this team is waaaaaaaay better than last season but compared to the other (predicted) teams we're still finishing bottom. 

To still predict us to finish last (that's nearly every Speedway fan by the way) the thought process at this club is out of sync. 

It's all about hope for us, but what I will say though, it's possible we'll finish above Peterborough & Ipswich imo. 

Doyle apart, Ipswich are dreadful & I'm not convinced Peterborough can be as good as last year, another year older, Ostergaard won't be as good, losing Pedersen & an unknown Basso. 

We're heavily reliant on others failures though rather than being on the front foot

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Again, I haven't criticised the club, and every club should play to a budget, nothing wrong with doing that. 

I've said it before, this team is waaaaaaaay better than last season but compared to the other (predicted) teams we're still finishing bottom. 

To still predict us to finish last (that's nearly every Speedway fan by the way) the thought process at this club is out of sync. 

It's all about hope for us, but what I will say though, it's possible we'll finish above Peterborough & Ipswich imo. 

Doyle apart, Ipswich are dreadful & I'm not convinced Peterborough can be as good as last year, another year older, Ostergaard won't be as good, losing Pedersen & an unknown Basso. 

We're heavily reliant on others failures though rather than being on the front foot

Don't take it to heart fella. If Lynn had signed Laguta Woffinden & Lambert some would complain that we didn't get Zmarslik & Lindgren.

If you think the team will finish bottom then lets hope your dissapointed at the end of the season when Lewi Kerr lifts the cup...... In every cloud.....

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Why are we reliant on others failures?We have built very close to the points limit this season unlike last.So in theory we should be as good as the others.I know it doesn't work out like that,but just saying.As you have said before riders averages are that for a reason re Batchelor.

19 hours ago, tellboy said:

Totally agree.The final averages should have been published a month ago.

I totally agree, also. We are now into December & nothing final on averages(to the public & paying public!).:angry:

It seems strange that teams are now naming riders but still no averages in their press releases. Although all promoters have a full list, I would imagine all will be revealed at the AGM on 6th December even though most rules are now known & this meeting is just about the finances.

Unless any other business/ clarifications need to be sorted out. ;)

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Why are we reliant on others failures?We have built very close to the points limit this season unlike last.So in theory we should be as good as the others.I know it doesn't work out like that,but just saying.As you have said before riders averages are that for a reason re Batchelor.

It's all about what level of rider you think you have. Whether you see improvement or depreciation. 

I don't see improvement on averages except for Pickering. 

Jorgensen, Kerr, Lawson & Worrall are at their level. Kildemand average is higher than his recent history suggests he'd perform too.

It's all about finding those rider's on an upward trajectory, I don't think we've done that at all. To me we've put a team together that's flat, should be a consistent team just don't see anyone coming in & jumping to the next level. 

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

It's all about what level of rider you think you have. Whether you see improvement or depreciation. 

I don't see improvement on averages except for Pickering. 

Jorgensen, Kerr, Lawson & Worrall are at their level. Kildemand average is higher than his recent history suggests he'd perform too.

It's all about finding those rider's on an upward trajectory, I don't think we've done that at all. To me we've put a team together that's flat, should be a consistent team just don't see anyone coming in & jumping to the next level. 

Agree that you want to find riders you think will improve their averages.But unfortunately with the strength of the British League these days you are pretty much having the same riders each year but riding for different clubs.In Pickering i certainly believe we have a rider on the upward trajectory.

I personally think Sheffield are the stand out team so far but when you look at it your way they don't seem so much better as i thought.Holder may attain his near 9pt average,same as Ellis 8.2.Howarth and Cook will they get any better.Musielak should improve his,and poor old Nielsen just seems too injury prone to get a full season in.

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Agree that you want to find riders you think will improve their averages.But unfortunately with the strength of the British League these days you are pretty much having the same riders each year but riding for different clubs.In Pickering i certainly believe we have a rider on the upward trajectory.

I personally think Sheffield are the stand out team so far but when you look at it your way they don't seem so much better as i thought.Holder may attain his near 9pt average,same as Ellis 8.2.Howarth and Cook will they get any better.Musielak should improve his,and poor old Nielsen just seems too injury prone to get a full season in.

Don't disagree with any of that at all. 

It's all to do with the makeup of a team too in terms of rider's & increasing averages. 

Howarth is Sheffield's weakest (team) rider but if they perform as a group they can cover him & his average can increase naturally purely by their strength. They look like a team that can rattle off 5-1 after 5-1. Similar to the super teams we had in the 2nd tier. 

With our side I don't see that connection happening. I just feel we don't have that capability throughout the team. Obviously that's my opinion, some see it differently. We may go on to smash it & finally win the top league title, it's not impossible & I ove that as much as the next Stars fan. On paper though, we look poor and as I said before, nearly every speedway fan across the country has us bottom.