British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

As we know, it’s not the team you start with but often the team you finish with.

Hopefully we won’t be shy in making changes if someone doesn’t  perform. Poole (love them or hate them) were winners because they were ruthless when it mattered.

One quality signing by someone in this league could make all the difference in the play offs.

• Like 6

Radio Norfolk reporting this morning that @AlexBrady spoke to 200 riders about being in the 2022 side! Hope he's got plenty of free minutes on his mobile :D

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Radio Norfolk reporting this morning that @AlexBrady spoke to 200 riders about being in the 2022 side! Hope he's got plenty of free minutes on his mobile :D

200 riders crikey, so the King's Lynn team now must be 193rd to 200th choice (incl.no.8) !

Nice to  feel wanted! :rofl:

On 12/4/2021 at 10:10 AM, Speedball said:

As we know, it’s not the team you start with but often the team you finish with.

Hopefully we won’t be shy in making changes if someone doesn’t  perform. Poole (love them or hate them) were winners because they were ruthless when it mattered.

One quality signing by someone in this league could make all the difference in the play offs.

Poole, I love em! :D

You are quite right tho about making change(s) to av a team to reach the play offs as you go through the season.

Poole av been bottom then made a change, finished 4th, then.won the League. Greg Hancock was a masterstroke when he came in to turn us around.

Ben Basso was our key change this season along with wise choice of guest reserves.

Maybe Stars can get a rider(s) to do part of a season, it's a massive shame that Lambert isn't still riding over here & even Iversen.

Hope more listen to Doyle and come back to race ere, as Discovery are televising our domestic league u wud like to think that club's will be getting a lot more money from them to invest in the riders' so the televised product is better with higher profile riders.

All the best to the Stars for 2022, but as it stands it's gonna be struggle.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

200 riders,,,, are there even that many,, let alone that many of  a certain standard

And still didn't take Ostergaard

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

200 riders,,,, are there even that many,, let alone that many of  a certain standard

That is a very valid point - it’s a headline grabber saying he’s spoken to 200 riders nothing more is my guess . Half the alleged riders would be way over our budget the next lot wouldn’t be interested in racing over here for various reasons that leaves about 25 who want to race  in the Uk but 15 of them laughed at the rate of pay so that’s were we arrive at the team 1 want to race in the UK and 2 accept the rate of pay on offer . I will say this though sooner stick within the clubs budget and finish 6 th in the table than spend a fortune the club can’t afford win the league and close at the end of the season . . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haza said:

That is a very valid point - it’s a headline grabber saying he’s spoken to 200 riders nothing more is my guess . Half the alleged riders would be way over our budget the next lot wouldn’t be interested in racing over here for various reasons that leaves about 25 who want to race  in the Uk but 15 of them laughed at the rate of pay so that’s were we arrive at the team 1 want to race in the UK and 2 accept the rate of pay on offer . I will say this though sooner stick within the clubs budget and finish 6 th in the table than spend a fortune the club can’t afford win the league and close at the end of the season . . 

Why wud u want a headline grabber than is an embarrassing one? 

In an ideal world it would be fantastic if u say u had only spoken to 8 and all agreed to sign! Don't u think that wud be a better headline?.........not that Stars cud say that of course coz it wouldn't be true.

Brings British Speedway into disrepute with Alex Brady coming out with a statement like he has.

Don't say the number when it's embarrassing, in this case 200, just say u've spoken to a variety/number of riders and of the available riders the best ones av been chosen!

Alex needs media training me thinks! 

Edited by PirateShip

Now if he had said I've had 200 telephone conversations with various riders,, that would make more sense,,, and probably not far from the truth

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Haza said:

I will say this though sooner stick within the clubs budget and finish 6 th in the table than spend a fortune the club can’t afford win the league and close at the end of the season . . 

Amen to that.

9 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Now if he had said I've had 200 telephone conversations with various riders,, that would make more sense,,, and probably not far from the truth

Of course it's quite possible the Beeb have got it completely wrong.

2 hours ago, Haza said:

I will say this though sooner stick within the clubs budget and finish 6 th in the table than spend a fortune the club can’t afford win the league and close at the end of the season . . 

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Amen to that.

It's a bit of a yes & no answer. 

King's Lynn are now between a rock & a hard place. Of course, sticking within budget is important but just as important is to get out of being the worst team in the league. 

Fans are walking away or picking & choosing meetings more & more & finishing last year in year out will speed up the process. 

Thus also speeding up the lack of available funds to build decent teams. Sponsorship opportunities get smaller too the worse you get as you start accepting smaller incomes. 

Finish 6th (as most expect) this year the prospects for 2023 & beyond look horrific 

• Like 1

We won't pick up that spoon in 22:nono:

Glass Half Full GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Bald Bloke

52 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

We won't pick up that spoon in 22:nono:

Glass Half Full GIFs | Tenor

Maybe not & I hope not but things don't look great as it stands with this team

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

It's a bit of a yes & no answer. 

King's Lynn are now between a rock & a hard place. Of course, sticking within budget is important but just as important is to get out of being the worst team in the league. 

Fans are walking away or picking & choosing meetings more & more & finishing last year in year out will speed up the process. 

Thus also speeding up the lack of available funds to build decent teams. Sponsorship opportunities get smaller too the worse you get as you start accepting smaller incomes. 

Finish 6th (as most expect) this year the prospects for 2023 & beyond look horrific 

Maybe i'm an optimist but it looks like a half decent team to me and i don't think they will finish bottom next season.