British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

23 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Remarkably, the Stars were the only Prem team in 2021 NOT to concede a heat advantage in Heat 15!  They scored 2x 5-1, 3x 4-2 and 5x 3-3 results for an overall aggregate of 37-23 - the second best heat 15 record in the Prem (Sheffield 38-22, who scored 5x 5-1, but they conceded a 2-4 and a 1-5).  Heat 13 was also positive for KL: 2x 5-1, 5x 3-3 and 3x 2-4 for a 31-29 overall score.  It seems that getting off to poor starts was the Stars' big problem at home.

Thanks Rodger. I never realised that.

41 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Thanks Rodger. I never realised that.

No probs. I started looking at Heats 13 & 15 after wondering whether any riders or teams dominated.  Overall, it's much of a muchness, reflecting that most of the "top" riders beat each other.  The biggest surprises were KL being much better than expected, and Wolves - despite their supposed home advantage - being much worse than you would think.

On 1/23/2022 at 5:17 PM, Roger Jacobs said:

No probs. I started looking at Heats 13 & 15 after wondering whether any riders or teams dominated.  Overall, it's much of a muchness, reflecting that most of the "top" riders beat each other.  The biggest surprises were KL being much better than expected, and Wolves - despite their supposed home advantage - being much worse than you would think.

Excellent research. Many thanks for that. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 5:17 PM, Roger Jacobs said:

Wolves had strength in depth, rather than a string top 2, so it's understandable they didn't dominate heat 13/15s

From the club Twitter:

King’s Lynn skipper Josh Pickering is ready to book his flight back from Australia to the UK for the new season. That really is wringing every last ounce out of a story. He's ready to book. Do people expect in February that it has never crossed the rider's mind to book a flight?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FromBendThree said:

From the club Twitter:

King’s Lynn skipper Josh Pickering is ready to book his flight back from Australia to the UK for the new season. That really is wringing every last ounce out of a story. He's ready to book. Do people expect in February that it has never crossed the rider's mind to book a flight?

They are trying to an interesting spin on a none story - a Tweet like that is really desperation to try keep speedway in peoples minds .

18 minutes ago, Haza said:

They are trying to an interesting spin on a none story - a Tweet like that is really desperation to try keep speedway in peoples minds .

Afraid so. That doesn't show very good PR skills, does it. Sometimes you have throw something up into the air knowing a few days later that you will swipe it down again but it gets people talking. 

There seems to be a conscious effort to engage with supporters through social media much more this year, can't be a bad thing. I've read the story and I can't say I found it particularly offensive or desperate, perhaps it could have had a better title but its a few words from a new signing in February, not the worst idea anyone has had.

• Like 4

A quick question for Lynn fans could you tell me if there's a restaurant at the stadium serving meals on race nights.A friend of mine is going this season and asked me and too be honest I'm not sure although I've been there many times.Thanking you for any help.

19 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

A quick question for Lynn fans could you tell me if there's a restaurant at the stadium serving meals on race nights.A friend of mine is going this season and asked me and too be honest I'm not sure although I've been there many times.Thanking you for any help.

There's only a small cafe really where you can sit down.Just the usual stuff from there i think like chips,burgers,drinks etc.It's definitely not what you would call a restaurant and you cant watch the speedway from there.

52 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

NO

8 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Buster would be wise to invest in proper fish and chip fryers like mildenhall have. 

Halfway there last season - they got battered most weeks :D:P;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

A lot better food and drink outlets than there are at Peterborough

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

There's only a small cafe really where you can sit down.Just the usual stuff from there i think like chips,burgers,drinks etc.It's definitely not what you would call a restaurant and you cant watch the speedway from there.

I really wanted to try the burger but that was away doubling up somewhere, the hot dog wasn't available so fried chicken was guesting!