British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

Personally I would love to see Puk back if he is fit, he would score well in this league, and josh Pickering  swapped for Erik Riss who has been massively disappointing this year, if that would fit, with Connor mountain as one of the rising stars

20 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Loyalty  is great to a point but a team which finished bottom and has won TWO matches all season needs some changes 

We could double that in the next 7 days..... :)

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Loyalty  is great to a point but a team which finished bottom and has won TWO matches all season needs some changes 

We ended up with a different team to that we started with of course ....

Edited by Trees

7 hours ago, Trees said:

But still had a poor season -so what’s that tell you ? 

26 minutes ago, Haza said:

But still had a poor season -so what’s that tell you ? 

That you should pick the team :D

In all seriousness if Alex Brady is left to pick the team hopefully we will be ok.It's if Dale has his say it may become a problem.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Trees said:

Absolutely, but even though much improved and competitive every match now its still a team that doesn't won meetings. As I've said before I think its only a couple of changes away from a decent side, hopefully they are able to get it right for 2022.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

That you should pick the team :D

In all seriousness if Alex Brady is left to pick the team hopefully we will be ok.It's if Dale has his say it may become a problem.

I’m not saying it’s easy picking a team so many things can go wrong injuries for one but when you pick pick team with your mates in it I’m talking original team more so - rather than choosing riders on ability it was always going to end in tears - two new faces needed in top 5 I feel - guess the likely scenario will be switching riders from Pboro to Lynn and vice versa 

This whole 'mates' is getting a bit boring and is a bit disrespectful....the team was obviously built to a budget with little in the way of loan fees, the hope was obviously that riders on low averages would improve and be bargains, they were risks which unfortunately didn't come off. One thing the club can't be criticised for is the willingness to make changes but once anyone any good has been snapped up its then difficult to strengthen. Personally I'd keep all bar Riss and Barker and if those two signings are the right ones it would be a much better team for 2022.

25 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

This whole 'mates' is getting a bit boring and is a bit disrespectful....the team was obviously built to a budget with little in the way of loan fees, the hope was obviously that riders on low averages would improve and be bargains, they were risks which unfortunately didn't come off. One thing the club can't be criticised for is the willingness to make changes but once anyone any good has been snapped up its then difficult to strengthen. Personally I'd keep all bar Riss and Barker and if those two signings are the right ones it would be a much better team for 2022.

Definitely not disrespectful about jobs for the boys think that was obvious for all to see we was well below the points limit as well at the start of the season that could be down to riders not being available Bridger was the biggest risk a team definitely built on a shoestring-obviously the changes was made some worked some didn’t but can’t fault the club for at least trying to better the team but the thinking behind the original team was woeful- I agree Riss and Barker are the obvious ones to make way- probably Riss to Pboro Palm Toft returning to KL as for other replacement maybe Bomber but can see riders switching between Pboro and Lynn .One thing I’m sure we can all agree on we all hope for better fortunes come 2022

40 minutes ago, Haza said:

Definitely not disrespectful about jobs for the boys think that was obvious for all to see we was well below the points limit as well at the start of the season that could be down to riders not being available Bridger was the biggest risk a team definitely built on a shoestring-obviously the changes was made some worked some didn’t but can’t fault the club for at least trying to better the team but the thinking behind the original team was woeful- I agree Riss and Barker are the obvious ones to make way- probably Riss to Pboro Palm Toft returning to KL as for other replacement maybe Bomber but can see riders switching between Pboro and Lynn .One thing I’m sure we can all agree on we all hope for better fortunes come 2022

I can't see many of the Lynn riders being wanted at Peterborough sadly.  Not sure Riss has got his average down enough to be a bargain yet.

29 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I can't see many of the Lynn riders being wanted at Peterborough sadly.  Not sure Riss has got his average down enough to be a bargain yet.

I’d say Riss is the only one that might end up at Pboro 

9 minutes ago, Haza said:

I’d say Riss is the only one that might end up at Pboro 

Which begs the question why isn't he guesting now then?

13 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Which begs the question why isn't he guesting now then?

Prior commitments maybe ? 

Only 4 should remain for me, maybe Kasper too?? 

1. 8.00ish

2. K.Andersen 4.40ish

3. T.Jorgensen 6.50ish

4. L.Kerr 5.40ish

5. R.Lawson 7.40ish

6. 3.30ish

7. C.Mountain r/s

Ave:23.70ish

Remaining: 11.30ish

Will be tough work to find a suitable pairing to fill those averages with other Prem clubs unlikely to want to chop & change, especially Peterborough, Belle Vue, Wolverhampton. 

Let's be real, no stupid suggestions like Lambert, Woffinden, Zmarzlik. Pretty much right off any rider from the Swedish Elitserien & Polish Exstraliga coming to King's Lynn. 

Edit: with the top teams averages hitting around 38, will there be a need to increase from 35.50??

Edited by Daniel Smith