British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Plymouth v Newcastle Tuesday 31st August

7 hours ago, lewy said:

Plymouth may not be in the middle tier.:nono:

Well they will not be in the top league, what ever they will call it next season that's a fact. 

Good attendance ,great racing, great track no issues at all,slick presentation, early start to team building for 2022,Good get together afterwards around the bbq polish sausage very popular with riders and fans. No begging bowl at Plymouth not bankrupt as many predicted riders wanting to ride for us as they know they will get paid bring on next season. :t:

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Do you think there will be middle tier next season.Surely not.

With the clowns running the sport, nothing would suprise me.

12 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

Richard Lawson signed for 2022. Had an outstanding season and seems in GB to be on a upward trajectory.

Giving the mess the sport is in I`m not so sure its the greatest idea to start signing riders when there is so much un-certainty around. What do Plymouth know that the rest don`t.

7 minutes ago, screm said:

Giving the mess the sport is in I`m not so sure its the greatest idea to start signing riders when there is so much un-certainty around. What do Plymouth know that the rest don`t.

They know that they want Richard Lawson in the team :t:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, screm said:

Surely there's no harm in announcing it, am sure he could be unsigned if need be.

21 minutes ago, screm said:

Guess they know their budget.They survived this year and had success .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, screm said:

Whatever format the league(s) take next year, Plymouth will be competing and Richard will be riding. Surely some positivity is exactly what speedway needs at the moment.

21 league season not yet over and already we can’t wait for the next one down here.. Carry on breaking with speedway convention Mark. We love it.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, screm said:

All I read is positivity from the club so it isn’t a surprise really. If a top rider becomes available you would like to think your club would try and sign the rider, especially if Pedersen does retire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, lewy said:

Realistically its a big catchment area, if theyve survived crump and bjarne they should survive lawson et all

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Good attendance ,great racing, great track no issues at all,slick presentation, early start to team building for 2022,Good get together afterwards around the bbq polish sausage very popular with riders and fans. No begging bowl at Plymouth not bankrupt as many predicted riders wanting to ride for us as they know they will get paid bring on next season. :t:

Pleased to see Plymouth on the upward spiral mate another forward thinking promotion with a vision can only be a good thing.

Top signing in Richard Lawson also for next season things are looking good for the future down Plymouth way well done :t:.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

1 hour ago, screm said:

So if its two divisions (plus the NDL) you have a Champtionship No1. If divisions are merged, so its one professional league and an NDL you have a No1.  Err no brainer IMHO. He rides Plymouth well, and whatever pans out in the Winter the club have secured a Number 1 for next year. Well done to all concerned.

• Like 2

Even though I live in Yorkshire I have kind of adopted Plymouth as my Championship team and always look out for their results. They seem to have had a successful year so far so well done to everyone concerned. The other team I have a soft spot for is Berwick. Here's hoping both teams can look forward to a successful 2022!

• Like 2

Fully applaud the Plymouth promotion this year , have just got on with things despite some expected poor results and seem to be thriving. If they can get Barker back as well , they have a superb basis for a team next year. I am sure if hes banging in huge scores at home each week, his away form will improve as well. 

What average would Crump be on next season?

Listening to garry mays interview i wouldnt be at all surprised if whatever is the better league 2022 plymouth might be in it .