British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Sheffield vs Belle Vue 2/9/21

Another shocker from belle vue. 

We are sooooooo lucky there was only 6 teams and the other 2 not in play offs were pants.

7 hours ago, Col said:

Transfer deadline was last Saturday wasn't it?

Don’t know mate. It’s speedway so it could change to suit. Peterborough were on a bout replacing a rider and haven’t as yet so just presumed date hasn’t passed !!!!!

I used to love going to Sheffield Speedway… really enjoyed the racing.

I went 8 to 10 times a year for many years.

in recent years there has been a serious drop in the quality of the racing culminating in only going once a year…. Then a decision to not bother going at all.

sad times

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Good win tonight not the best racing. Carried 2 passengers but got away with it. Bachelor back to normal so if he stays we’ve got no chance in the play offs. Could we get smolinski in as a replacement? And possibly give Ben cook a chance at reserve   

Already in the play offs and Batch taking his chance to lower his average in the meetings that count towards it. Come the playoffs where the scores don't count I think you will see a different outcome.....

Ben Cook can't replace Neilsen - Stefan is a 3 point rider and Cook would be 4. I know yoy struggle with these concepts but I don't think even Sheffield could get away with that one ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Already in the play offs and Batch taking his chance to lower his average in the meetings that count towards it. Come the playoffs where the scores don't count I think you will see a different outcome.....

Ben Cook can't replace Neilsen - Stefan is a 3 point rider and Cook would be 4. I know yoy struggle with these concepts but I don't think even Sheffield could get away with that one ;)

Is this the same team that manipulated the rulings to get Bates in as a result 'rising star'? 

I'm sure 4 into 3 goes if your face fits lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

Is this the same team that manipulated the rulings to get Bates in as a result 'rising star'? 

We’ve got Poole riders so we can use their rule book. Simple !!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

And regretted it?

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Maybe he is aware that the transfer deadline has passed. 

9 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Maybe he is aware that the transfer deadline has passed. 

Indeed but scoring well in the play offs will be win win for him. He will increase his income , he will not increase his average and it will encourage potential employers he is worth offering a place next year.....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Indeed but scoring well in the play offs will be win win for him. He will increase his income , he will not increase his average and it will encourage potential employers he is worth offering a place next year.....

Just hope it's you that is right, not me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Just hope it's you that is right, not me.

Where as I hope I'm wrong :P

3 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

I think that Sheffield have been unfairly treated by fans of other clubs re the inclusion of Bates as an RS..

I bet no one was more surprised than them to find out that within virtually every one of the criteria needed, Josh got in by the skin if his teeth...

Wasnt their doing that this was the criteria used I am sure..

A complete coincidence, and, in keeping with so much of British Speedway, beyond reproach integrity and credibility wise...

I wonder  (for next year), as the riders will be a year older, and will have actual averages, if the age levels change alongside the qualifying average needed to be an RS..? 

And if so....

More 'coincidences' maybe to look forward to? 

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 3

also the fact 2 rising stars per team in 2022 according to the 5 year plan. :rofl:

37 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

also the fact 2 rising stars per team in 2022 according to the 5 year plan. :rofl:

And One has to be under 30 years of age..

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, yorkshiretyke said:

Agreed, 2 meetings in a row now, the racing has been abysmal. Always better racing when the track is not prepared for fast times. Great result considering no Nielsen but apart from that, borefest.

Sort the track out!!!

wasn't it a 'post stock car' prepared track ???? may have something to do with it 

• Like 1