British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow 3rd September 2021 Championship.

12 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Brennan at reserve.??

far to good to be at reserve clearly a top rider in the making .battle hard all meeting when many would have given up by the end of the first lap 

56 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Brennan at reserve.??

No, the Pole will be at reserve

2 hours ago, ray c said:

far to good to be at reserve clearly a top rider in the making .battle hard all meeting when many would have given up by the end of the first lap 

I believe he will be a world team cup rider in time Ray, a bad injury plus Covid interrupted his progress.Next year Glasgow would be a great career move for him fingers crossed anyway.

If the rumoured Polush U24 league gets off the ground next year I'd have thought it would be better for Brennan's career to spend his weekends racing in that.

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

If the rumoured Polush U24 league gets off the ground next year I'd have thought it would be better for Brennan's career to spend his weekends racing in that.

If he wants to progress faster this should be the route to go.

Even if it’s to the detriment of my own team he needs to do what’s best for him.

Enjoyed my first ever visit to Poole, Tigers struggled to get out the starts and to be fair the heart has been ripped out of the club with Ulrich's accident but the guys tried hard, I think the pirates will go on and win the championship, they have a strong team. The pirate fans were very gracious towards our very small travelling support, thanks for that.

• Like 6

A long way to go for a thumping, so we’ll done you for coming so far to support your team. Always good to hear and see away support.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 12:04 AM, Jaizer said:

Same story every year key rider gets injured. 2018 lewi Kerr, 2019 Starkey, 2021 ulle. Due some fortune

On 9/4/2021 at 12:26 AM, Gazc said:

Part and parcel of the sport I’m afraid , all teams are affected by injuries during a season.

Indeed, Workington won the treble in 2018, with Dan Bewley out injured!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

On 9/3/2021 at 10:22 PM, BobC said:

Better meeting than the score suggests.

What has happened to Cookie? Hugely disappointing. Never looked like winning a race. Didnt understand him getting the TS, when at that point Nicol was far better.

I said previously that I was impressed with Nicol when he guested here earlier. Same again tonight. Always in the thick of things. Unlucky to get excluded for tapes, when 2 others moved as well, including Cook. Winning Ht15 by a good 30 meters or so, when he shed a chain or similar going into bend 3 last lap and crashed heavily. Hope he is ok?

Thank you to the Tigers fans who stopped us by the start after the meeting. They congratulated us on our victory and wished us well in the play offs. Safe journey to Leicester and then home to all of them. Gracious in defeat.

RIP Bob. You will be hugely missed.

• Like 6