Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
eide67

Edinburgh v Birmingham 3/9/21 7.30pm

Now a very important meeting for Monarchs as their top 6 spot now under threat. R/R for Richie again is not ideal and much will depend on the 2 new riders. Drew Kemp will be looking for a big improvement on last week and Anders Rowe will hope to repeat or better his performance from earlier in the season for Redcar.

From Monarchs website:

The What the Fork Monarchs have a very important match this Friday against Birmingham as several teams battle for Playoff places. The Monarchs and the Brummies are both in contention and want the points.

Things have not been going Monarchs' way recently, especially with the continuing absence of Richie Worrall following his crash on 13th August in which he suffered a cracked finger. It had been organised that Richard Lawson would guest this week but on Thursday he pulled out for reasons that the club accept.

So it will be rider replacement once again with the lack of other suitable guests. Birmingham also use rider replacement for Valentin Grobauer who is again missing, as he was on their recent abandoned KO Cup visit.

Monarchs of course track their two new signings, 19 year olds Anders Rowe and Drew Kemp, who are expected to strengthen the bottom end of the team, though it is reasonable to suppose they will need time to find their feet in new surroundings. Kemp commented "I felt I learnt a lot riding Armadale as a guest last week and it's a track that I can definitely improve on. It's good to go to a team which could win something this year and I hope I can add something to the team."

Brummies' top two of Erik Riss (former Monarchs captain) and Chris Harris need no introduction, and they have a solid batch of backup riders.

Team manager Alex Harkess says "If we get a good contribution from everyone we will be fine. I want a good win, we were winning comfortably when Birmingham were here in the cup and I think we were on our way to a big win."

As with all Armadale matches this season Friday's match will be Live Streamed, however the stream will be available only to those outwith a 25 mile radius of the track. Anyone within that limit but unable to attend should email info@edinburghmonarchs.co.uk

WHAT THE FORK MONARCHS: Sam Masters (capt.), Anders Rowe, Kye Thomson, Josh Pickering, Rider replacement for Richie Worrall, Drew Kemp, Nathan Greaves.

EDWARDS PLUMBING BRUMMIES: Chris Harris (capt.), rider replacement for Valentin Grobauer, James Shanes, Ashley Morris, Erik Riss, Paco Castagna, Jack Thomas.

Edited by eide67

19 minutes ago, eide67 said:

Now a very important meeting for Monarchs as their top 6 spot now under threat. R/R for Richie again is not ideal and much will depend on the 2 new riders. Drew Kemp will be looking for a big improvement on last week and Anders Rowe will hope to repeat or better his performance from earlier in the season for Redcar.

From Monarchs website:

The What the Fork Monarchs have a very important match this Friday against Birmingham as several teams battle for Playoff places. The Monarchs and the Brummies are both in contention and want the points.

Things have not been going Monarchs' way recently, especially with the continuing absence of Richie Worrall following his crash on 13th August in which he suffered a cracked finger. It had been organised that Richard Lawson would guest this week but on Thursday he pulled out for reasons that the club accept.

So it will be rider replacement once again with the lack of other suitable guests. Birmingham also use rider replacement for Valentin Grobauer who is again missing, as he was on their recent abandoned KO Cup visit.

Monarchs of course track their two new signings, 19 year olds Anders Rowe and Drew Kemp, who are expected to strengthen the bottom end of the team, though it is reasonable to suppose they will need time to find their feet in new surroundings. Kemp commented "I felt I learnt a lot riding Armadale as a guest last week and it's a track that I can definitely improve on. It's good to go to a team which could win something this year and I hope I can add something to the team."

Brummies' top two of Erik Riss (former Monarchs captain) and Chris Harris need no introduction, and they have a solid batch of backup riders.

Team manager Alex Harkess says "If we get a good contribution from everyone we will be fine. I want a good win, we were winning comfortably when Birmingham were here in the cup and I think we were on our way to a big win."

As with all Armadale matches this season Friday's match will be Live Streamed, however the stream will be available only to those outwith a 25 mile radius of the track. Anyone within that limit but unable to attend should email info@edinburghmonarchs.co.uk

WHAT THE FORK MONARCHS: Sam Masters (capt.), Anders Rowe, Kye Thomson, Josh Pickering, Rider replacement for Richie Worrall, Drew Kemp, Nathan Greaves.

EDWARDS PLUMBING BRUMMIES: Chris Harris (capt.), rider replacement for Valentin Grobauer, James Shanes, Ashley Morris, Erik Riss, Paco Castagna, Jack Thomas.

Is this another rider who has been threatened by the local mafia & will not turn up(aka Garrity):rolleyes:

Edited by IronScorpion
forgot my emoji, lol

2 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Is this another rider who has been threatened by the local mafia & will not turn up(aka Garrity):rolleyes:

He was injured last night.

• Like 1

Grobauer had a huge crash last night and was carried off the track by his team-mates with a heavily strapped ankle. Was brave to carry on but is suffering today hence the reason he's out of this fixture 

Sorry, just read the report & incident involving Grobauer & Nielsen.

• Like 1

R/R again could be a problem as it’s bit us in the backside the last few weeks. Hopefully get the 3 points to keep the play off place secure. 

For reasons the club accept ? don't really have a choice to accept if Richard Lawson says no.

27 minutes ago, Gazc said:

For reasons the club accept ? don't really have a choice to accept if Richard Lawson says no.

Well he originally said yes then has called to give his reason as to why he’s decided not too.

I think we should ride against Berwick instead :party:

• Haha 2

According to SpeedwayGB website Nathan is not available and replaced by Archie Freeman. No reason given and I can't see anything on Monarchs website yet.

purchased my stream for this. Fingers crossed for a close and safe match.

18 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

R/R again could be a problem as it’s bit us in the backside the last few weeks. Hopefully get the 3 points to keep the play off place secure. 

Tend to agree. Bit of pressure on new lads if score is close and one of them has to take a R/R ride. 

32 minutes ago, eide67 said:

According to SpeedwayGB website Nathan is not available and replaced by Archie Freeman. No reason given and I can't see anything on Monarchs website yet.

Oh for goodness sake.

A tough night just got a fair bit tougher.

38 minutes ago, eide67 said:

Now on Monarchs website - Nathan Greaves retires!

He has been struggling for a while.