British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scunny v Leicester 3.9.21

Decided to travel up for this one. First time visit to Scunny. Any tips/advice about parking ( is it just a main car park?) would be greatly appreciated.

8 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

Decided to travel up for this one. First time visit to Scunny. Any tips/advice about parking ( is it just a main car park?) would be greatly appreciated.

There is parking on site £1 charge ,should be plenty of spaces and two turnstiles in operation one for pre bought tickets and one for cash . Allow yourself plenty of time as our promotion run to start time as usual , i know recently there was Redcar fans still coming in after the first race . Snacks and drinks available in the ground entrance is a one way system in and out from the 2nd bend ,viewing is allowed all around the track ,hope this helps

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

There is parking on site £1 charge ,should be plenty of spaces and two turnstiles in operation one for pre bought tickets and one for cash . Allow yourself plenty of time as our promotion run to start time as usual , i know recently there was Redcar fans still coming in after the first race . Snacks and drinks available in the ground entrance is a one way system in and out from the 2nd bend ,viewing is allowed all around the track ,hope this helps

Thanks very much. Looking forward to it

Edited by Mr Bump
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, iainb said:

Leicester bang up to date with their press as usual... have previewed the match this morning with Ben Barker announced in the team

Well I saw Connor Mountain listed on the website this morning at 8:30am!

1 hour ago, Skodaman said:

Ben Barker was the guest upto last night but has withdrawn so it’s now Connor Mountain 

2 hours ago, Skodaman said:

Well... if you're quick you can still see Ben Barker listed on the Leicester website now!

17 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

Surely Leicester can do better than Summers for one of the top boys?

With only Plymouth, Berwick & Kent not racing then he was the best available.

Kent at Redcar

20 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

I would have thought R/R would have been better, everyone could have taken a ride, would have thought Andersen, Douglas ,Howarth & 1 other would score more than Summers, who's been very average this season. I know going with 6 riders is a risk, but on this occasion seems a better choice. Lambert at reserve should be a trump card for Scunthorpe.

• Like 1

Just a pity Lions chose such a rubbish guest;)

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

22 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

You would think so but there are only three other teams to chose from (for a guest) that are not riding on the same night. 

16 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Just a pity Lions chose such a rubbish guest;)

Tend to agree that Summers did  just ok. Leicester would have scored more than 11+1 with R/R

Edited by sparks123
point added.

Great Lions recovery tonight. There can't be many teams that have had to use a tactical sub and then win by a dozen points. Kennedy seems to be finding form at the right time of the season. Whilst this is team speedway, seven riders per team, tonight is a good example of being there or there abouts come heat 13 if you have a couple of reliable race winners. Hats off to Summers, it's unlikely that Morris would have bettered his return tonight.

Poor night for the scorpions no heat leaders turned up which eventually cost us. Must say I was impressed with Connor Mountain as the guest scored a handy return and well earned his place in heat 15 wouldn’t mind him in Scorpions colours in the future !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Disappointed with the result and the track tonight  ,our heat leaders were off tonight and the track only really had one racing line but we were beaten by the better side and all riders returned to the pits safe ,. Well done to the Lions and Dougy was superb , we go again and need an away win in the next week