British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scunny v Leicester 3.9.21

Well done Aaron Summers proved the doubters wrong 

Scunny Dan rather quiet tonight ? Wish I had got a picture of him standing alone in the stand gutted at the loss :rofl:

Sorry to end your home record Godfrey only mentioned it about 15 times during the meeting .

Scorpions let down by Ellis & Jorgensen . Only the 2 track pony Lambert & the guest Mountain that made it close . The loss of Palin wasn’t really felt because they scored what Palin would have scored from R/R rides.  Bet you wish you picked Kennedy at the start of the season when you had the chance.

Dan & Joe struggling for speed but hopefully will be back on it tomorrow.

• Like 1

Dougy looked another class around there last night. Summers was a brilliant guest and Kennedy looked like he enjoyed himself there. Solid performances from Howarth and Andersen. Surprised the twins didn’t score. 
Big praise to Mountain. Looked great at Scunny.

An enjoyable meeting. With a great Leicester win. 

11 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Disappointed with the result and the track tonight  ,our heat leaders were off tonight and the track only really had one racing line but we were beaten by the better side and all riders returned to the pits safe ,. Well done to the Lions and Dougy was superb , we go again and need an away win in the next week 

Were you at the same meeting,the track looked fine to me,only one faller in summers I think.him and Douglas were super quick last night.a good close meeting up to the last few races.alk credit to the riders.good to see Josh Mac up with the pace,some terrific speedway once again at the ewr.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Scunny Dan rather quiet tonight ? Wish I had got a picture of him standing alone in the stand gutted at the loss :rofl:

Sorry to end your home record Godfrey only mentioned it about 15 times during the meeting .

Scorpions let down by Ellis & Jorgensen . Only the 2 track pony Lambert & the guest Mountain that made it close . The loss of Palin wasn’t really felt because they scored what Palin would have scored from R/R rides.  Bet you wish you picked Kennedy at the start of the season when you had the chance.

What's his two tracks?

10 hours ago, Normski said:

Well done Aaron Summers proved the doubters wrong 

Certainly did, although it can be argued there is no big hitter in that Scunthorpe side. I do have a feeling Summers will move clubs this winter and be a snip on that average though.

9 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Certainly did, although it can be argued there is no big hitter in that Scunthorpe side. I do have a feeling Summers will move clubs this winter and be a snip on that average though.

He lives and works about 12 miles from Berwick but you never know in speedway

Enjoyed our visit. Excellent track. Good, fast , close racing, wish Leicester’s circuit would produce more of that but hey-ho.

Did chuckle when the announcer said Hans Nielsen was riding in white for the lions in heat 13.

Maybe we’ll meet again in the play-offs

1 hour ago, Mr Bump said:

Did chuckle when the announcer said Hans Nielsen was riding in white for the lions in heat 13.

Maybe we’ll meet again in the play-offs

I laughed as well.
When you say we'll meet in play-offs, do you mean we're signing Mr Nielsen then? :rofl:
Oh, you mean Scunthorpe. To be honest after three visits there last year and two, already, this season, visits to the EWR are starting to feel like a home meeting now.

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

I laughed as well.
When you say we'll meet in play-offs, do you mean we're signing Mr Nielsen then? :rofl:
Oh, you mean Scunthorpe. To be honest after three visits there last year and two, already, this season, visits to the EWR are starting to feel like a home meeting now.

Think  most of your riders prefer our track to yours too!  Bad night for the Scorpions and the track prep was poor and drastically under watered. Well done Lions your gating was better than ours and with no outside line the racing by our usual standards, was pretty average. We are now looking over our shoulders, watching teams below catching up in the league points, our remaining matches look well difficult too.:unsure:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

Think  most of your riders prefer our track to yours too!  Bad night for the Scorpions and the track prep was poor and drastically under watered. Well done Lions your gating was better than ours and with no outside line the racing by our usual standards, was pretty average. We are now looking over our shoulders, watching teams below catching up in the league points, our remaining matches look well difficult too.:unsure:

Not wishing to be argumentative, but the track looked quite wet when we arrived at 6:45. From a recent match report from the Scunthorpe website, we were told the home riders don't like it when it's too wet.
Also, I don't think Connor Mountain would agree with your comment regarding the lack of an outside line. He pulled off a decent overtake around the outside as I recall.

I do agree, though, that the chasing pack has suddenly looked a lot more menacing. Especially with the set of recent signings that have taken place.
Keep plugging away though. We'd quite like you in the playoffs B)

The racing was ok probably better than most tracks in the country but we have very high standards at Scunny. I think Ellis and TJ like a bit more grip out wide to be seen at their best but Leicester were the better team and must be hot favourites for the league.

16 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Can confirm I wasn't stood alone, so whoever you are, clearly don't know this living legend I like to believe I am. Man has friends (surprising, I know)

Beaten by the better team on the night. No arguments or complaints there, Scunny simply wasn't good enough on the night and quite frankly don't deserve play offs.

Pirates next week. We are coming for the points…..