British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

**** Van and Bikes stolen in Middlesbrough ****

50 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Van recovered according to FB, bikes and equipment missing.

I thought some scum might of stole it for the van, and wouldn't know what to do with the bikes, and maybe leave them somewhere. What scumbags:angry: 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 5

I don't know what the market is for second hand engines , carbs and the like  is , but I'd imagine it's going to be very small , speedway is a niche sport the parts aren't interchangeable with other bikes  they're bound to turn up somewhere. The tools etc will be very easy to get rid of though 

44 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

I don't know what the market is for second hand engines , carbs and the like  is , but I'd imagine it's going to be very small , speedway is a niche sport the parts aren't interchangeable with other bikes  they're bound to turn up somewhere. The tools etc will be very easy to get rid of though 

Even worse if it was anyone involved with the sport at all.

Drop Your Linen: The Children (1980)

• Like 1

Do riders normally insure their bikes or at the very least their tools? Seems a sensible option to me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

One of the drawbacks of having all that sign writing on your van! A plain colour van would seem a safer option to me! :(

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I thought some scum might of stole it for the van, and wouldn't know what to do with the bikes, and maybe leave them somewhere. What scumbags:angry: 

Ex rider with sticky fingers would know what to do. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Ex rider with sticky fingers would know what to do. 

Well yes. Makes it much worse that it was targeted for the bikes. Super scum!!!!!!! Chop the idiots fingres off

20 hours ago, DSC67 said:

It was upwards of half a ton of scrap metal. The same type of person who vandalised the Birmingham track equipment, or who steal church roofs.

12 hours ago, Petecc said:

Agree with the sign written van's comment.  Why advertise what might be inside.

Was only saying this last night. I know riders have to display sponsor logo's etc, but surely there could be a more discreet way of doing so. Having images of bikes and so all over a van is a written invitation for such robbing scum. I hope he gets his bikes back but perhaps this should serve as a warning to other riders about the images they display on their vans. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1