British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Scunthorpe - Sunday 5 September 2021 - 3pm

Terrific meeting. Some outstanding racing. The final score shows it was comfortable in the end but scunny were very good value. Most enjoyable.

Shame I missed it sounded a good one.

Was in 2 minds whether to go today or not. So glad I did. Lots of close racing. Pleased to see Cookie max , and excellent performances from the rest of the team. Young Jack was worth more than his 0,0,0.too.

10 hours ago, Gazc said:

Shame I missed it sounded a good one.

You could still buy the stream, I think, and watch it tonight :drink:

What a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon that was yesterday.  We all know speedway has its problems , but when you get a superbly prepared track like that , two good teams giving their all , and for a change no rain , there isn't a better sporting spectacle in this country .

After two relatively heavy away losses to probably the current best two sides in the league , there were a few nervous home fans in the stadium before the meeting .

Scunthorpe didn't come just to make up the numbers , they gated well in the majority of the heats , but one thing we do have is a team full of racers and some of the passing yesterday was breathtaking . 

Craig Cook in that kind of form is a joy to watch round Ashfield , and Sam Jensen and Connor Bailey just get better and better . 

What the Pole brings to the party will determine whether we're good enough to challenge the likes of Poole,  Leicester or Redcar over two legs , but if we get racing like that from now to the end of the season , its the best £17 for a sporting event out there .

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

You could still buy the stream, I think, and watch it tonight :drink:

Yeah done that last night cheers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

Was the weather forecast correct and heavy rain moved in at 6pm 

It was a wee bit late , around 6-45 , but it did come down