British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Ipswich Monday 6th September

8 points for Jack Thomas including two heat wins after a trio of duck eggs in the lower league.  Big credit to him 

• Like 2

Crump is just ruining his legacy, a fantastic rider of yesteryear getting mullered by people not fit to wear his kevlars, sad to see

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Sad indictment that the good name of Ipswich witches has reached its nadir thanks to inept performances by too many. Let everyone hope that the proud name regroups for next season and invites riders who want to do well for Ipswich first and foremost. It is a shame that the team is fodder for every other team in this league. A clear out Is needed and I would also make changes at the top. Hawkins needs to go along with at least five of the current line up. Fresh start and new hope cannot be achieved without wholesale changes. This alongside a change in presentation and something more that 15 heats of four laps interspersed with gardening and tractor speed trials no longer cuts it. CL sits on the top table so do something about the sad state that the sport is in and do something about re-establishing Ipswich as a force to be reckoned with and not a laughing stock who are currently taking the p of every fan who has loyally supported the club.

Well said. First & foremost the sport needs a major top to bottom overhaul with a lot more thought put into presentation & value for money.

Interesting rumour heard tonight that King is joining Panthers.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Flappy said:

Should keep him for 2022 as well if we get him in.

King's done all he can for Ippo and the club don't match his ambition imo.

4 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Crump is just ruining his legacy, a fantastic rider of yesteryear getting mullered by people not fit to wear his kevlars, sad to see

Very sad.

I'm a Panthers fan but even I've been rooting from Crumpy to get a few points on the board because it's just sad to see such a legend go out like this.

To be honest I'd keep King & Kemp. 

King he is a dependable heat leader & will probably maintain his average again next year.

Kemp the local lad who seemed pumped pre season but for whatever reason seemed to have struggled around Foxhall. However certainly has the talent.

Of the rest Allen has been a huge disappointment not sure what's up with him. Is it just that he wasn't prepared to ride this year or is there more to the story. 

Rowe started like a train but has tailed off would possibly consider him again for next year.

Cook has done ok but not for me.

Starke up & down but certainly always gives 100% in any normal times I'd welcome him back but the side needs a major overhaul so sadly he's a no 

Crump came in as the box office signing & I honestly think he would have been ok had he not been injured at Wolves. Hopefully he'll go back into retirement, I don't really want to remember him as a struggling reserve.

Of those the rest of the original 2020/21 side Covatti & Heeps both part of the old guard so no thank you.

Klint I'd still like to see him line up as a witch but will he be available?

It's certainly.gonna be an interesting winter not only for Ipswich speedway but speedway in general.

11 minutes ago, Flappy said:

He cant for this season his average is nearly half a point to high , 

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

He cant for this season his average is nearly half a point to high , 

Not as high as Nicki Pedersen. That one got rejected however 

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

Not as high as Nicki Pedersen. That one got rejected however 

For King to ride for Panthers they would need to lose at least two of the present 7 riders  and that wont happen 

Cook maybe to guest in the next home match against Sheffield 

14 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

If King is going to Panthers for the play offs,, wouldn't 2 changes be needed? 

Yes so wont happen 

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Does anyone know when the next Panthers meetings are,, I fancy coming to watch a few 

20th is against Sheffield on tv and 23rd against Lynn 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Thanks 1