British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Ipswich Monday 6th September

30 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Chants of "Wolverhampton Wolves, we're coming for you" are ringing around the Showground.

I'd be worried if I was a Wolves fan.

Almost as good as that Kings Lynn fans' chant from a few years ago that....

What tune is it sang to?

32 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

For King to ride for Panthers they would need to lose at least two of the present 7 riders  and that wont happen 

Cook maybe to guest in the next home match against Sheffield 

Away from home is the bigger issue 

A comfortable win for the Panthers tonight. Like others, sad to see Crump struggle round the showground and Ipswich in general. Full credit to Jack Thomas who I did not expect to trouble the scorers. He should certainoy get another invite if Palin is unfit. Solid scoring again for our team. Well done Panthers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

A comfortable win for the Panthers tonight. Like others, sad to see Crump struggle round the showground and Ipswich in general. Full credit to Jack Thomas who I did not expect to trouble the scorers. He should certainoy get another invite if Palin is unfit. Solid scoring again for our team. Well done Panthers.

I second that about Crump, not nice to see him struggle like that.

The bloke was once a legend around the Showground 

3 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Chants of "Wolverhampton Wolves, we're coming for you" are ringing around the Showground.

I'd be worried if I was a Wolves fan.

As a Wolves fan I'm not worried or bothered. Thank you, however, for your concern about us.

10 hours ago, Baldyman said:

If King is going to Panthers for the play offs,, wouldn't 2 changes be needed? 

More importantly wouldn't it be against the rules or is it just the championship that had a transfer deadline? 

11 hours ago, Flappy said:

Interesting rumour heard tonight that King is joining Panthers.....

I'm sure Rob said last night no new signing and it's guests for the play offs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Noodles said:

I'm sure Rob said last night no new signing and it's guests for the play offs. 

Didn't hear that tbh

Just now, Flappy said:

Didn't hear that tbh

He said they had tried to sign riders but it had not worked out.

12 hours ago, Flappy said:

Tbf he rides Plymouth well.....

He's averaging under 7 in the Championship, it's embarrassing tbh

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

He said they had tried to sign riders but it had not worked out.

Shame. Not sure I like the idea of guests in the play offs after the team got us where we are.

There's not that many options under 7.09 especially away from home but for me we do need a 7 man team.

Edited by Flappy

For Wolves away next monday as it looks like a guest is needed for Palin , Max Clegg has done many laps around Monmore for Wolves and Cradley 

I believe Jason Crump will be back next season stronger & fitter than this. I will agree he may never be the force he once was but he will be on a very competitive average when March 2022 comes around

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

For Wolves away next monday as it looks like a guest is needed for Palin , Max Clegg has done many laps around Monmore for Wolves and Cradley 

Is he on the rising star list?

Drew Kemp has done two very decent meetings there this season.  I'd be surprised if we didn't go for Thomas again after last night.  

I'd go for Riss at number 1 at wolves always seems good for 7 points at wolves or dare I even say Troy Batchelor that's definitely a false average at Sheffield given his form at Kent 

Edited by Flappy

18 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Is he on the rising star list?

Drew Kemp has done two very decent meetings there this season.  I'd be surprised if we didn't go for Thomas again after last night.  

I'd go for Riss at number 1 at wolves always seems good for 7 points at wolves or dare I even say Troy Batchelor that's definitely a false average at Sheffield given his form at Kent 

Clegg a 4*

Kemp a good shout but would he want to be at reserve with Hans after last night , Monmore a different challenge for Thomas 

Think they will go with RR got Panthers 5pts last time with Pedersen having a bad night , i thought of Batch 11 and 12 at Monmore but hes on the black list with Holder