British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Ipswich Monday 6th September

5 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

More importantly wouldn't it be against the rules or is it just the championship that had a transfer deadline? 

http://www.scbgb.co.uk/news.php?extend.113.1

Following a meeting with the Members of the Speedway Control Bureau this evening, it was discussed that due to the 2021 season has not been disrupted by any further Covid issues, the following Regulation will be reinstated with immediate effect for all three leagues, Premiership, Championship, and the National Development league:

010.3.1 Cut Off Date
No team changes will be allowed after the 28th August 2021 with the effective date being the 31st August. Except riders returning to the team after injury who must re-take their position, dictated by their MA, with their replacement being released.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Technik said:

I believe Jason Crump will be back next season stronger & fitter than this. I will agree he may never be the force he once was but he will be on a very competitive average when March 2022 comes around

46/7 and getting stronger and fitter :D

Guess you're a youngster (no it's not a question).

The two certainties in life are death and taxes. Of course if you're a speedway rider that includes being flung off your bike at high speed several times a season. It doesn't matter how fit and strong you are, at that age you no longer bounce or fix quickly as he's already proved in 2021.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

http://www.scbgb.co.uk/news.php?extend.113.1

Following a meeting with the Members of the Speedway Control Bureau this evening, it was discussed that due to the 2021 season has not been disrupted by any further Covid issues, the following Regulation will be reinstated with immediate effect for all three leagues, Premiership, Championship, and the National Development league:

010.3.1 Cut Off Date
No team changes will be allowed after the 28th August 2021 with the effective date being the 31st August. Except riders returning to the team after injury who must re-take their position, dictated by their MA, with their replacement being released.

Maybe a bit unfair on the 7 riders that have lost their jobs in recent weeks, but I can understand the reason...

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Clegg a 4*

Kemp a good shout but would he want to be at reserve with Hans after last night , Monmore a different challenge for Thomas 

Think they will go with RR got Panthers 5pts last time with Pedersen having a bad night , i thought of Batch 11 and 12 at Monmore but hes on the black list with Holder

R/R scored 5 last night as well.  

just hope crump does the right thing and call it a day. for me id hate to see him go down hill from here then pack up. his been one the best in the sport.

for me il try like hell to keep king here next year but cant see it myself .The rest need a wake up 

also kemp great lad but going backwards for me seems so slow at foxhole. and maybe forget poland focus on your bread and butter over here.

and also talking to friends who go as well are thinking if swindon are a no show in 2022 id like to see rosco down here im sure he would light up

a few fireworks under some of these riders

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Kemp has suffered from over hype and expectation needs a season away from Ipswich altogether 

He does fine away

I like drew but feel he would become better having a home track where he scores more, and only visit Foxhall a few times per season, think he would benefit massively 

• Like 2