British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Ipswich Monday 6th September

Peterborough host the Witches Monday looking to bank another three points, with all six Premiership teams in action they elect to use RR for the missing Ulrich Ostergaard (with team news again courtesy of Ipswich) and bring in Jack Thomas for the injured Jordan Palin.

Bjarne Pedersen is listed as returning from his recent illness and Ipswich have again a full 1-7, it’s difficult to access whether it will be close or a comfortable home win but Ritchie Hawkins certainly thinks it’s the former.

Weather forecast is very good.

Teams

PETERBOROUGH: 1. R/R for Ulrich Ostergaard 7.09 2. Bjarne Pedersen 6.41 3. Michael Palm Toft 6.83 4. Scott Nicholls 6.37 © 5. Chris Harris 6.37 6. Jack Thomas (G) (RS) 7. Hans Andersen 6.20. 

IPSWICH: 1. Danny King 7.46 © 2. Paul Starke 4.85 3. Jason Crump 5.54 4. Jake Allen 4.88 5. Craig Cook 7.23 6. Anders Rowe 4.84 7. Drew Kemp (RS). 

• Like 1

Ipswich will do better here than most think, most of their team love the track.

Be interesting to see how Crump gos back at the showground

• Like 1

I think most of the Witches would favour the Showground over Foxhall so should mean a closer contest (if they want it)

Could be Crump's swansong in British top flight Speedway  - perhaps the most fitting place for it to end??

• Like 2

Due to my age, I have never seen Crump ride in person before.

Will be a privilege to watch one of speedway's greats. 

I expect the attendance for this will be very high.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Jack Thomas really would be shocked if he troubles the scorers 

Been on great form of late so wouldn't say that 

49 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Jack Thomas really would be shocked if he troubles the scorers 

He'll only get 3 rides anyway. 

Jack Thomas had three rides yesterday at Leicester and at Glasgow today as a guest for the Tigers and scored zero in both matches so don't expect to much from him.

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I think most of the Witches would favour the Showground over Foxhall so should mean a closer contest (if they want it)

Could be Crump's swansong in British top flight Speedway  - perhaps the most fitting place for it to end??

I wouldnt rule out a guest appearance against Kings Lynn yet at the showground 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Jack Thomas had three rides yesterday at Leicester and at Glasgow today as a guest for the Tigers and scored zero in both matches so don't expect to much from him.

I'm expecting him to make it a hat trick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Fair play to Thomas for chasing rides and meetings all over the Country for not to many points.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, screm said:

Fair play to Thomas for chasing rides and meetings all over the Country for not to many points.

Totally agree. Any rider who drives around the country to gain track time and experience deserves praise for putting himself on the line even for little return. I wish a few more experienced riders would make the effort. I just hope that he does not lose heart.

• Like 4