British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Ipswich Monday 6th September

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Does it matter,,, you are safe in play offs 

I might be deluded but still think we can catch wolves to nab top spot and first dibs.

Wolves bound to pick Belle Vue, if we come top, think we would go Sheffield 

52 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

I might be deluded but still think we can catch wolves to nab top spot and first dibs.

Wolves bound to pick Belle Vue, if we come top, think we would go Sheffield 

It's still mathematically possible, but it would require Peterborough to take a draw or better at Wolverhampton (as well as 3 home wins and a 4-point win at Sheffield).

I would expect Wolves to take Sheffield in the semi-final if they have the choice.

Edited by NeilWatson

Andersen beaten by Rowe, Thomas and Flint is a turn up for the form book

7 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Thomas got 2 points then.....  already lol 

Yep. Good on him 

• Haha 1

The beauty of this Panthers side is that we will always have a trump reserve.

It reminds me of Gorzow's 2012 side with Zmarzlik at reserve. A powerful top 5 with a gun reserve. 

Edited by KeirStarmerFan

7 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Now a win for Thomas. I owe him an apology

Life is full of shocks didnt expect that at all but wow what a bonus 

Edited by scoobydoo

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

So how's Crump getting on around a track he knows like the back of his hand? 

Abysmal. Bike issues it seems 

• Sad 1

As a fan of Crumpy I hope he packs it in at the end of the season rather than returning for more next year.

He's a legend and I wouldn't want to see him ruin his reputation by going out like this beyond this season.  

If he wanted to stick around then maybe look for a Managerial role at some club.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

As a fan of Crumpy I hope he packs it in at the end of the season rather than returning for more next year.

He's a legend and I wouldn't want to see him ruin his reputation by going out like this beyond this season.  

If he wanted to stick around then maybe look for a Managerial role at some club.

Tbf he rides Plymouth well.....

Sad indictment that the good name of Ipswich witches has reached its nadir thanks to inept performances by too many. Let everyone hope that the proud name regroups for next season and invites riders who want to do well for Ipswich first and foremost. It is a shame that the team is fodder for every other team in this league. A clear out Is needed and I would also make changes at the top. Hawkins needs to go along with at least five of the current line up. Fresh start and new hope cannot be achieved without wholesale changes. This alongside a change in presentation and something more that 15 heats of four laps interspersed with gardening and tractor speed trials no longer cuts it. CL sits on the top table so do something about the sad state that the sport is in and do something about re-establishing Ipswich as a force to be reckoned with and not a laughing stock who are currently taking the p of every fan who has loyally supported the club.

• Like 1