British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -V- Sheffield (Eurosport) Monday 06/09

3 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

Edited by PirateShip

4 hours ago, PirateShip said:

If you didn't want to take over the thread with other comments why have you gone on to expand on a comment(s) that is not a Belle Vue one?????????? Just create a new topic and simply post a message on here to say so.

So sorry not to follow your rules. I'll get back in my box  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, tyke said:

Such incessant nonsense from Pearson & Tatum throughout the meeting. They do have an inflated opinion of each other, thinking their the 'Morecambe & Wise' comedy act of the speedway world.

The amount of times they got riders incorrect bordered on the farcical. 

All I really want is clear and precise commentary.

How I wish the current generation of commentators (in all sports) could learn three things from the late great Richie Benaud: (1) commentary is not a forum for personal opinion; (2) hyperbole is a poor substitute for an articulate and accurate description of the actual events unfolding in front of you; and (3) neutrality is everything.

• Like 2

Just watching back last nights, heat 13 when Holder touched tapes, Ellis was clearly moving first (again) and was already on warning so should have been excluded too. 

• Like 1

Heat 15 the cameras missed Bewley pass Ellis live and also missed the same lap Worrall riding over gate 1 to pass Holder!

Well, I watched the match on Quest last night and it was good speedway, as expected from NSS. I just don’t get the grumbles the track was too slick. Virtually every meeting the first few heats tend not to be as good as subsequent heats, but I found Mondays meeting ok in that respect. Good overtaking, and if not overtakes there was good chasing with opportunities to overtaken carried out but maybe not accomplished - that’s racing.          
Question, what problem did Jack Holder seem to have with Brady Kurtz. One of the later heats he seemed to refuse hand shake (or fist bump) with Brady. Was their an incident on track or is Jack growing into a whinged.            
I thought the commentators were on par to usual, no better, no worse. Seems some supporters listen more to commentators then take notice of the actual racing.           
Camera work could have been better, a few times camera was focused on wrong part of the racing, but unless you there in person with the fantastic field of vision we are created with I don’t think any camera work is going to get it all unless set to focus from a distance.  Camera work is often better then the eye because it can zoom in which the eye, fantastic as it is, cannot.               
The main “problem” with NSS is that most riders love the place, plenty of lines for overtaking, that is a problem in as much as BV does not have much, if any, of a home advantage. It is a racers track. Go to Wolverhampton or Ipswich and if you don’t like tighter bends then you snookered, they are tracks with good home team advantage. So the likes of Wolverhampton can come to BV and can win a match but take BV to Wolverhampton and they more likely to loose.

My big criticism is that the match was too late at night to be any real benefit to speedway. Would have been good to see it at 7pm, or 8pm, may have got good viewing figures, and with such good racing may have attracted some new speedway supporters. By 11pm kids should have been tucked in bed, pity they were not watching.

On 9/6/2021 at 10:03 PM, mikebv said:

That's the play off trade off for you though...

They have qualified so no point going until the play offs start as any match is now a dead rubber..

I presume the hope is that the "bumper play off crowd" off sets any losses in the meetings leading up to it..?

Not sure it does to he honest, but I am sure they know what they are doing..

Like the GP's vs OOWF both traditional league and the Pay Offs have their pros and cons... Without the Pay Offs BV's season could have been over mid season meaning half a season of dead rubbers... you'd really see some low crowds then for the punters that only turn up to watch a winning team.

21 hours ago, cityrebel said:

The whole show and presentation was embarrassing. I guess Eurosport and British speedway are the perfect fit.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the caption for Adam Ellis on parade... Nationality: FRA :rofl:

19 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

In previous years I used to think they did a good job even though some people on here made it clear that they disagreed with that view. However last night they really were awful. They seem to have forgotten what their job is, made mistakes, interrupted each other and appeared to have not undertaken any basic research. 

I do think they were having some technical difficulties last night

19 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

They do like a beer, wonder if they had to many before hand. 

Either way yesterday was very unprofessional again. 

The whole TV production needs a fresh look and directors thst know what they are doing with camera works. 

I remember Tatum clearly being p155ed while presenting for Sky at a World Cup match a few years back... slurring his words, not professional at all

17 hours ago, Col said:

Tatum spent almost all of heat 8 referring to one of the Belle Vue riders as Pickering.

Tom Brennan

17 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Like when Brandon asked Tatum for his views on Sheffield's early use of their tac sub. The silent response was embarrassing. I really felt for Steve.

Like I said I think they were having technical difficulties last night, I clearly heard Tatum saying, off mic, "I think it's a loose connection" and then he went silent for a while, that was around the time when he didn't respond to Brandon

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Like the GP's vs OOWF both traditional league and the Pay Offs have their pros and cons... Without the Pay Offs BV's season could have been over mid season meaning half a season of dead rubbers... you'd really see some low crowds then for the punters that only turn up to watch a winning team.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the caption for Adam Ellis on parade... Nationality: FRA :rofl:

I do think they were having some technical difficulties last night

I remember Tatum clearly being p155ed while presenting for Sky at a World Cup match a few years back... slurring his words, not professional at all

Tom Brennan

Like I said I think they were having technical difficulties last night, I clearly heard Tatum saying, off mic, "I think it's a loose connection" and then he went silent for a while, that was around the time when he didn't respond to Brandon

He might have been referring to Pearson's brain!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I have in the past, although he’s recently got his French passport too so I suppose it’s correct to a certain extent 

4 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

I have in the past, although he’s recently got his French passport too so I suppose it’s correct to a certain extent 

Zut Alors!

1 minute ago, Bluenose said:

ae.png.6dae37a142a07897dda84f7f91dc12f2.pngBorn in Marmande, France, to British parents who run two pubs in Bordeaux.

Born in France Made in Poole :t: